Used 1995 Honda Accord Wagon Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord Wagon - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Accord Wagon

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

1995 Honda Accord EX Wagon (1-owner 93,000 miles)
By Jeff H.

1995 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I just purchased this 1-Owner vehicle in Scottsdale, AZ with 92,800 miles on it. I then used a car carrier to take vehicle down to Tucson, AZ. I then had a complete inspection of the vehicle done here locally to see what it required maintenance wise. Thank God the Timing Belt/Water Pump was just recently replaced and cleared inspection. The EX model is high-end model and has an additional $3,400 options on it compared to the LX model wagon. VTEC engine, sliding sunroof, cast aluminum wheels, 4-wheel disc brakes (ABS), etc. Results of inspection showed (PARTS ONLY): 2 of 4 Engine Motor Mounts needed replacing (so I'm doing all 4 $548.23), Oil Pan Gasket (so i'm doing Oil Pan Gasket $24.15 w/new Oil Pan $66.01), power steering leak from Rack & Pinion and Bellows Boots ripped (so I'm doing the Rack & Pinion $302.42 & 2 Bellows Boots $16.92 and since there, but not required, the Power Steering Pump $217.46). I'm also including the following, but not required, (2 Bellows Bands $8.74, 4 Steering Gear Box Mounting Bushings $17.04, 1 Gear Box Cushion Bushing $8.08 & a Power Steering Seal Kit A $65.97). That's for Piece of Mind. $200.00 will be returned for COREs of Rack & Pinion and Gear Box. Total Parts: $1,075.02. The ABS light is intermittent on the dash cluster meaning that when the light is on, ABS is not functioning, but still have 4-wheel regular brakes. I can't believe this isn't a NSTA Safety Recall item? Anyway that's down the road.. The price for ABS Modulator Assembly ($791.53) not sure if the Accumulator is included or not? but that's ($255.73) for that. $150.00 will be returned for Core of Modulator. I heard this is a common problem for early Accord's. I researched SEVERAL PLACES (Businesses/Internet) for original OEM HONDA only parts not O'Reilly/AutoZone/Checkers or China crap makers just HONDA. The cheapest site I found was HONDAPARTSNETWORK.COM $30.00 fills up the 17-gallon tank @ 1.99/gallon. 150 miles on a quarter tank. This is why I bought a 2nd vehicle for (Gas Savings) compared to my 2004 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71 w/116,000 miles purchased new. Gonna give that to my son in 10 years from now & can park in garage. Honda looks brand new with original paint and very clean interior (9 out of 10). I just detailed it myself this weekend w/Meguiar's Car Care Products. Bought this baby back to 1995 with a showroom shine and detailed interior as well. AZ car that was garage kept it's entire life. What can I say I LOVE MY HONDA! Definitely recommend an older Honda. This vehicle is 22-yrs old now and after this maintenance I'm good to go for years to come.

Work horse
By Rick Franks

1995 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

Purchased my wagon when it had 57,000 miles on it, now has 140,000. The only "problem" was the antenna stopped working [repair estimate $425.00] so I went to a stereo shop and had a window antenna installed under the rear view mirror - works great.

Great styling

Softer ride

Never stranded for 10 years
By Pete

1995 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

Bought as certified Honda with 35k miles. This Accord wagon has never left me stranded. It always started with the exception of one time in the driveway due to an old battery that was defective. I perform regular maintenance, 7.5k mi synthetic oil, 90k timing belts/Water pump, 30k transmission service Honda Z1 ATF, regular brake and other fluid changes. Car runs like new. In the past 3 years have replaced both CV axles (Boots cracked), exterior drive belts (were original), ABS reservoir (leaking seal) and HVAC Evaporator. Also over 10 years replaced two sets of tires and two sets of brake pads and two batteries. Have CD changer and put 4 new 4-way Pioneer TS-A1682R stereo speakers.

Good fuel economy 22-25 MPG with ability to transport 5 people or many items in the back of the wagon. Stereo is excellent again with upgraded speakers and all options work after 12 years.

Higher capacity HVAC. AC is a little weak in very hot days with full load of people although this may be due to the need for the after market window tinting needing to be redone. Better factory window tinting.

Can't say enough
By sdrawkcab

1995 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Absolutely stellar. I beat up this car, throwing everything I could at it with minimal maintenence and she took it like a champ. Most solid road feel of any car I've ever driven along with an engine that just purrs after every oil change. Enough cargo space to rival most pickups, with 25+ mpg to boot. I could squeeze 30 mpg on long roadtrips. Perfect for a nomadic college kid. The bad: Apparently an 11 year old, beat up, tan station wagon approaching 200k is too tempting of a target for car theives. So goodbye, wagon.

Cargo space, suspension, visibility, and overall tolerance of extreme abuse.

Lacks low end power.