Used 1995 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By steviez

1995 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My family has owned several Honda's and I've had a couple also. I picked this Accord LX 2.2 automatic up as an inbetween car. Sort of a beater, but it's proved to be much more than that. I got it with 170k miles on the clock and it's really solid and tight. This car has no wind noise or squeeks nor rattles. It's quite amazing really. The gas mileage is also superb at well over 30mpg. While it's not going to win any drag races, It's an excellent commuter and highway vehicle. Evertthing works on it and it's very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Mileage, reliability, solid tight ride.

Suggested Improvements

timing chain verus belt but they've done this on newer models.

Best and most reliable car i ever owned!
By joweewag

1995 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is my third Accord, starting with a 1992, then a 1989 that went to over 350,000miles and counting, and now my 1995 with near 350,000miles and running strong. I love the "zippiness" of this car! It handles amazingly and is a comfortable ride. There are a few problems but they are very small except the a/c not being powerful enough to cool the car. I am looking at buying a second 95 due to excellent ratings but this one will be an automatic for my daughter!

Favorite Features

braking and handling, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

fix the airconditioner, better stereo

Good First Car
By Shannon

1995 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda as my first car. I am the second owner and it hasn't given me many problems. I have one problem however, my car will idle very high sometimes especially when its hot!! I'm not quite sure why but that's the only problem i have had other then regular repairs (tires, brakes, rotors, etc.)

A little disappointed
By ;(

1995 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this used Honda Accord, 3 years ago for my daughter. I paid $5K for it and had expected it to go for her thru college. It started out with some overheating problems and replacing the radiator. Not so bad, but 3 years later more over heating. This time the engine was bad. I decided to put a new (used) engine in her because it is a Honda. In 3 years I have pumped ~ 5K into a a 5K car. I'm not too thrilled. I've always had luck with Honda in the past, but I expected more. I thought this would just be a gas and go car for me and my daughter. In 3 years it has not worked out that way. There is always a risk buying a used car. You don't know how well the prev. owner cared for it.

Favorite Features

It's a pretty basic car. There is nothing special about this car.

Suggested Improvements

The later models have been enlarged and I think that was a good idea.

Not all it's cracked up to be.
By John

1995 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this Accord for a while now, and I'm really not that impressed. The trans is really jerky, and Honda says it's a "normal condition". My previous mid-size car was a '93 Taurus and it was a lot smoother and felt more powerful. A lot more roomy as well. The fold down rear seats are a good idea but there is limited pass-through room compared with other cars I've had with this feature ('99 Saturn in particular). The CV axles were new when I bought it, and they're going out again. Minor things quit working on this car long before they did on the Taurus (the Taurus was sold with 300,000 miles, this car has less than 200K), such as the rear defogger, all interior lights, etc.

Favorite Features

People think its worth a lot more than it is. Come to think of it, maybe that's not such a great thing. Contrary to other reviewers, I find the A/C just fine, but I did have to have it repaired when I bought the car.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother tranny, smoother ride, and for the lack of power, the MPG should be a lot better (gets about the same as my old V6 Taurus). Doesn't handle as well as the course ride and heavy steering would suggest. Standard radio and speakers are horrible. P/W are slow sometimes, sometimes they don't work.