Used 1995 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

The Best of The Honda
By rrobles101

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

The 1995 Honda Accord EX Sedan is the best car to have if you are a first time car owner. I actually own this and I am in love with this car mainly because it is excellent I gas, especially if you are a city driver with a billion things to do. My Honda Accord has great mileage. It has 190, 000 miles on it, and it is a great amount of miles for an almost 20 year car. It is an automatic vehicle with an engine of 4 cylinder, VTEC, 2.2 Liters . It holds about 11 gallons of unleaded gas so you donít have to pay more for the other types of gas, because its engine is perfectly fine with the unleaded. Also, my car came in a red color. It has 4 doors with automatic windows. It comes in handy while dr

Best Car EVER!
By Vanessa

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2003 with 46,000 miles on it, and I just sent it off to the salvage yard (car accident totaled it) and I already miss it. During the 6 years I owned it I never had a single problem with it, well apart from the multiple break ins and being stolen once (I got it back intact). I always could rely on it starting no matter the weather and never had a problem with it until the accident. Even colliding with a highway wall at 40 miles in a blizzard I was still able to drive it off the road. My next car definitely will be another Honda Accord.

Favorite Features

Everything in the car was user friendly. I loved the sun roof and the automatic windows.

Suggested Improvements

The A/C is a little weak and apparently anyone with en elementary education can break into it.

Sad Day For Me!
By djohns

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '95 in 1998 with 35k miles on it. Today (2/13/08)is my final day of ownership (going to the salvage yard) 205k miles and the timing belt/water pump came apart while wife was driving full road speed, so the valves are probably bent/shot. I had replaced timing belt and pump at 160k, so they failed before their time! Car value not worth fixing the damage, plus other things were needing repair also. Loved the car!

Favorite Features

Stereo system great! Leather great! Sunroof great! V6 great!

Suggested Improvements

Like others have commented, slow window, especially driver side. Rust over the rear wheels. No overdrive gear on mine, so MPG not as good as it could have been. Retractable antenna stopped working.

12+ Year Old Accord
By autoboy16

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

My dad bought me this car because I was getting a job soon, and going back and forth to school. This aging car still has pep! 170 hp and averaging 24 MPG in the city and I don't do much highway travel. It's not Super Fast but it does have get up and go!! It rarely leaves me wanting for more. The leather seats are in great shape without rips or tears. The sunroof is FUN(ctional) and I use it almost daily! The trunk has more than enough space for me. I love the ergonomics. Everything falls right where you expect them to be. From the cold ac to the amazing old stereo with CD player! The windows are slow but tolerable for a 12 year old car. Some elbow grease fixes that.

Favorite Features

I love the CD player, sunroof, trunk space, interior space, and even the anonymous looks. The variable intermittent wipers work great when using quality wipers. The v6 gets great MPG (with regular gasoline) and acceleration. If you're in the passing gear, it almost feels like a CVT.

Suggested Improvements

Don't make a car this good. I see them everywhere and never feel unique! ;) Back in 1994 when the model came out, I think they could have made a tilting sunroof like the acuras. A cupholder in the rear, the annoying light in the glovebox is distracting. A more aggressive look would be nice!!

Too Much Mechanical and Rust Problems
By spark

1995 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchase the Accord expecting a better experience than the Civic I owned. I was so dissappointed with this car after having numerous problems under warranty period. These are some of the problems with the car: ABS fails repeatedly (ABS lights up), window rolls up and down slowly, AC is never cold and warm/hot air is always comming out of the vents when the AC is off, Automatic shift lever keeps locking up in Park position, ignition key gets stuck, odometer gets stuck, engine idles very rough like an old diesel truck (it shakes and vibrates), and repeated rusting on back fenders which honda won't cover after 5 years if the rust reoccurs (and it does). More problems but I'm out of space!

Favorite Features

Best features of a Honda is the appearance and ergonomics - very average.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should look at their competition and try to catch up on build quality, appearance, and customer service. Honda is polite on the phone but it doesn't qualify as good customer service and support. Apparently I should expect Honda's to last as long as Honda expects - 3 years / 36,000 miles.