1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car
By steviez on 08/13/11 14:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My family has owned several Honda's and I've had a couple also. I picked this Accord LX 2.2 automatic up as an inbetween car. Sort of a beater, but it's proved to be much more than that. I got it with 170k miles on the clock and it's really solid and tight. This car has no wind noise or squeeks nor rattles. It's quite amazing really. The gas mileage is also superb at well over 30mpg. While it's not going to win any drag races, It's an excellent commuter and highway vehicle. Evertthing works on it and it's very comfortable.

Best and most reliable car i ever owned!
By joweewag on 02/21/11 21:29 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This is my third Accord, starting with a 1992, then a 1989 that went to over 350,000miles and counting, and now my 1995 with near 350,000miles and running strong. I love the "zippiness" of this car! It handles amazingly and is a comfortable ride. There are a few problems but they are very small except the a/c not being powerful enough to cool the car. I am looking at buying a second 95 due to excellent ratings but this one will be an automatic for my daughter!

Good First Car
By Shannon on 04/09/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda as my first car. I am the second owner and it hasn't given me many problems. I have one problem however, my car will idle very high sometimes especially when its hot!! I'm not quite sure why but that's the only problem i have had other then regular repairs (tires, brakes, rotors, etc.)

A little disappointed
By ;( on 09/04/09 04:09 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this used Honda Accord, 3 years ago for my daughter. I paid $5K for it and had expected it to go for her thru college. It started out with some overheating problems and replacing the radiator. Not so bad, but 3 years later more over heating. This time the engine was bad. I decided to put a new (used) engine in her because it is a Honda. In 3 years I have pumped ~ 5K into a a 5K car. I'm not too thrilled. I've always had luck with Honda in the past, but I expected more. I thought this would just be a gas and go car for me and my daughter. In 3 years it has not worked out that way. There is always a risk buying a used car. You don't know how well the prev. owner cared for it.

Not all it's cracked up to be.
By John on 09/11/08 20:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this Accord for a while now, and I'm really not that impressed. The trans is really jerky, and Honda says it's a "normal condition". My previous mid-size car was a '93 Taurus and it was a lot smoother and felt more powerful. A lot more roomy as well. The fold down rear seats are a good idea but there is limited pass-through room compared with other cars I've had with this feature ('99 Saturn in particular). The CV axles were new when I bought it, and they're going out again. Minor things quit working on this car long before they did on the Taurus (the Taurus was sold with 300,000 miles, this car has less than 200K), such as the rear defogger, all interior lights, etc.

Overpriced, but a good car.
By JohnR on 07/21/08 13:29 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this Accord for a while now, and while being frugal and easy (though rarely fun) to drive, these cars are most certainly overpriced for what you get. A similarly equipped Ford Taurus has a V6 engine and costs about 1/2 as much at this age. My previous car was a 1993 Taurus that was still (barely) running after a very rough 290,000 miles. I have no doubt that the Accord will make it to those miles, but repairs cost more, the car costs more, etc. The Taurus was more roomy and more comfortable, and better suited to the long-haul drives I frequently subject my cars to. However, the Accord is about 100 times better than my other car, a 1999 Saturn SL.

Boringly Perfect Car
By PCampos on 03/15/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new 13 years ago this month. It has 164,000 miles on it, and like so many other Accord owners I can say it's never had a major mechanical problem. It also gets very good gas mileage. The only real complaint I have is that it's so reliable that it makes it hard to justify getting another car! After 13 years it's acquiring a lot of cosmetic damage, but mechanically it's still seems to be in perfect shape, and since I'm only driving about 7000 miles a year right now I could probably keep it for another decade easily. It's hard to believe there could be a better car for anyone who ranks reliability and low maintenance at the top of what they're looking for in a car.

Great Honda
By lovemy95 on 11/07/07 22:17 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This was the first Honda I have owned and my next car will be a Honda as well. My car has 251000+ miles and I have never had any major problems with it. I have had to replace the CV joints and get a new exhaust but that goes with the high mileage. I have kept the maintence up to date since I have owned this car and has been great for me!

Excellent Vehicle
By El-Duro on 10/13/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was 2 yrs old and had it for almost ten years. Very reliable. During my first two years the only things I had to change were the muffler and the battery. Other than regular scheduled maintenance and normal wear I only had to change the radiator ,the axle and a couple of hoses. Great overall vehicle, looking forward to my new 2008 accord

Awesome Honda
By Noreen on 10/11/07 20:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Honda Accords have a peculiar automatic transmission that can get be jerky until warm but like Toyota cars they are extremely reliable and last longer than we do. Mine is so fun to drive! I put Enkei racing rims and Yokohama performance wheels on it and Wow! What a sassy, good-looking classy, comfortable, well put together car. I feel very safe in it too. I can not say enough good things about it or Hondas.