1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Easier Than Lego's
By jdmaccord24 on 08/20/11 01:05 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This 95' Accord EX automatic is simply amazing. With only 130k, the engine (f22b1 VTEC) pushes like itz at 40k. Transmission be slipping, but futher review of the fluid whoever owned it previously did not follow the manual and keep Honda's ATF z1 fluid (which is the only fluid you can put in a honda transmisson for it to act properly) (not any at yor local auto store). After fixing that problem, and dropping about $1200 into some much need tuning (rotors, calipers, drive axles, water pump, starter, alternator, sensors, radiator and battery), it was totally a brand new car running smooth like it was built today.

Totalled @ 270,000
By Vermontdog on 09/04/10 05:23 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought from a salesman I knew and it turned 200k on the way home. That was 8 years ago. Last week I was able to avoid a head on collision with a geriatric on a cell phone thanks to the quick handling on the car. Rugged build and my passenger, a body shop manager, said we were lucky to be in this car compared to most others. The car is a total loss but we walked away. TY HONDA. The car is 15 years old and I will get a respectable check from the insurance company too thanks to Honda quality. Typical problems with the car that other writers have shared but overall a super value.

Modern classic
By jim n on 03/17/10 17:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought my Honda in 2009 with 125K miles. For piece of mind I had the timing belt service done. No worries since. I get 30 mpg highway and its very comfortable. The styling on these cars still looks up to date and I`m surprised how many of these 15 year old cars I still see on the road. There is a fair amount of road noise and the AC is marginal. Overall if you get one that has been taken care of you can`t go wrong.

LuvMyAccord
By LuvMyAccord on 01/13/10 08:25 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I see I have similar issues as some reviewers. ABS pump went bad around 120k. Master brake cylinder went out around 110k. Right front passenger window very slow to roll up. I'm constantly warping after-market rotors, I can't stand hub- over-rotor setup. Going to swap out to rotor-over-hub. Had issue yesterday with tach and speedo dropping to zero whilst driving on highway. Noticed ABS light flickering at about time it happened. Will have electricals checked out. Current issues: Leaking main seal O-ring leaking on distributor About to hit 180k miles, will do timing chain and water pump, likely ask for real main seal to be replaced if they'll reduce cost. Original owner!

Disappointed
By Skyroamer on 10/15/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car had a manufacturing defect in the transmission. After multiple loss of all transmission fluid Honda tried to blame us for the problem. The transmission failed at 50,200 on a 50,000 warranty and Honda refused to fix it. An outside shop found a machining defect from the factory in one of the case halves of the trans. replaced half at a cost of $1800 total repair and no problems in over 100G of additional mileage. Honda never answered my letter until 4 years later. Would never buy another as a result of their bad customer attitude and lack of concern/support. Have pictures and parts as proof of defect. Honda did not care at all!!!

95 Honda Accord EXL
By Vadim on 09/02/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2002 with 138000km (85000 miles). It is summer of 2009 and car has 370000km (230000 miles). It obviously has its problems, needs repairs. But I got my money worth... that is for sure. Overall very reliable if maintained . I had radiator break (replaced myself), regular maintenance repairs. Engine and transmission are original... would recommend to anyone.

One Dependable Buddy
By Red on 11/24/08 10:39 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I drove this model from 1997 to 2007 when I was still in the Philippines, and I tell you, it was such a dependable car that I never had any breakdown at all. I had to sell it because I moved to the US, and recently I bought exactly the same model - and a very much used one with 173,000 miles - and I have been driving it around with no problems at all. My friends asked me why I bought this very old car, and I told them I just trust it. I know every nook and cranny of the car and I believe and trust that it will give me another 100,000 miles and perhaps even more. It is not as exotic as the modern cars now, but it still looks great to me.

That's Why it's a Honda
By dsw mich on 07/02/08 08:48 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 95 accord in 2001, with about 70,000 miles on it. It is still going strong at this point '08, past 200,000 miles, allowing me to be car- payment free for several years. It's been a commuting work horse. Have there been repairs? Sure a few (including a strange gas tank crack, radiator, SRS light for no reason), but nothing outrageous and it's never left me stranded. It was the best car purchase I could've made. I briefly owned a ford contour, during which time had to replace a transmission at only 55k miles and traded it in for this great Honda! I had similar good experience with a 1991 Camry.

Great car
By ginny on 09/03/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Very reliable. No breakdowns or problems other than regular maintenance. Would really recommend! Solid and comfortable.

Another great Honda Accord story
By Darren on 11/14/06 07:55 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car used to be second car and save on gas from SUV. Third Accord of this style generation. Although this car required more repairs then my others, it's still a great running and looking car. Fuel economy is always very impressive. Great ergonomics, quality craftsmanship and materials, fun 5 speed manual, good handling and ride combo. Super dependable with decent maintenance.