1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Not your "usual" Honda...
By texas89 on 07/08/10 15:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

When I bought this car in early 2009 to replace my 1993 Corolla, I expected the famed Honda reliability. I bought it for $5000 with only 70, 000 original miles on the car. I assumed I would get at least 100, 000 more miles out of it, not the case. Five months after buying the car, the AC and brakes went out, and I replaced the AC compressor fan and refrigerant ($350), brake pads, shoes, rotors, and master cylinder ($800). The steering is very "sticky", a problem that has mystified at least 10 mechanics. Back in March, less than a year after doing all that repair work, my AC and brakes went out again. The mechanics I have visited estimate repairs will total upwards of $1000.

I Need Another
By Steed on 03/04/10 12:40 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Still can't believe it's running , its now 2010 and i have over 300,000 miles. Besides the factory defect :( no big problems at all . If you need a car to get you around this is really it! It just wont quit!

My Old Honda
By healnghanz on 12/14/09 06:06 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Originally, leased by my wife in 1995, then sold to me in 2000, quite a reliable car with some minor and some not so minor problems. The disc brakes warp so easily on a very regular basis. But this last time I had the dealer do it and they are much better. Anti lock brakes died 50K ago. Rust over rear wheels, passenger window slow to rise or not at all sometimes. Tranny rough in winter. AC drain once got plugged and water kept going all over the interior, and ruined computer board. Overdue for timing belt/water pump . Speedometer/odometer stopped working at 164,000. 4 years later I have 165,000 or 200k plus. The engine just works great, w 25 mpg maybe more over the years. Heater ducts rotted.

Closing in on a quarter million
By Dwight Devil on 12/09/08 11:17 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

When I bought the car in 07, you could have almost convinced me it was brand new. It had 220k on it at the time, and still ran like a champ. Even the cigarette lighter still works. Parts have been cheap. Replaced both CV axles for 100, one ball joint (that I screwed up by jumping a curb) for 20, both sway bar links for 10, washer pump for 15, and both washer fluid jets for 13 (from the DEALER, no less). VERY easy to work on. Some of my clutch fluid mysteriously disappears overnight about once a month, but I top it off and it stays full until some night the following month. Drove 860 (36mpg) miles and ONLY stopped one time (gas), yet wasn't even remotely sore when the trip was over.

Frnt Disc Brake Rotor
By Julito Labor on 04/30/08 05:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I love the car but the only problems that I have now is, I have a hard time changing the front disc rotor. Gonna cost you a little more, the design are not so common like two screws hold the disc. The old disc needs to be pressed and the new one needs to be press too. If you don't have the right tools let the shop do the job. Well, the ac is gone too but overall performance I think I already got my money back. Four thumbs up, I love it, love it.

It's a GREAT Car
By Lisa on 09/24/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I would have given it all 10s except for the AC. I have had trouble with mine not getting real cold. I paid about $400 once for it to be fixed, and it made no difference in the end. It works, just not well for our hot humid summers here in St. Louis. Now 12 years old, the electric window motors are wanting to quit. I won't put any money into this car and plan on driving it until it gives out. This vehicle has cost me very little to run for the past ten years. Brakes, mufflers, oil, tires, and the previously mentioned AC issue. I had to replace the clutch slave/master thingy once, and a cv boot once after a car did a hit and run on me while my vehicle was parked.

in love with my car
By meredith on 12/31/06 19:52 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

OVER 200,000 miles ...this car owes me nothing ... Just add oil/tires/and brakes.....After 150,000 miles i started repairing more than that.. CV- boots, struts, all belts, muffler, radiator, and 2 ball joints. A wonderful car until this year when my mechanic bills started to rise above the actual value of the vehicle. It will still keep kicking for another 100,000 miles guaranteed but i just cannot risk investing more into it as of this point.THIS car has made me feel nothing but good looking in it. Supersporty especially with an open moon roof.As for safety, i feel safer in this vehicle than i do in any SUV or Sedan..the only vehicle i recall feeling this safe in was a ford f250 truck cab with a roll bar

Great Car
By Marie on 08/13/05 11:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 10 years and had one repair ( a master cylinder ) other than routine maintenance.I have another just like it on order.

Great car
By renison on 04/16/05 12:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is my second honda. I think they are a great car with mnimal expenses as long as you see that they are regularly maintained. I have put little money beyond standard maintenance and new tires in this car and it has been a faithful auto for me. The only limit is the difficulty in conveying older people who can not enter/exit back seat easily. This is not the car for that purpose.

I'll be a repeat honda buyer for sure!
By KentuckyGuy on 04/15/05 04:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 95 EX Cpe with 20k miles in the fall of '97. Now, 8 years later, I am at 225,000 miles and am sold as a Honda fan for life. Other than brakes (warped rotors have been frequent), I have done little more than regular tune-ups, oil changes, etc. I have put this car to the test in road trips loaded with luggage/people, city/hwy/mountain driving, and have even had it in some mild off-road adventures while camping, and it has surprisingly good traction in mud/moderate snow, even in mountains (significantly better than similar cars I've driven). It has been fun to drive, and incredibly practical and reliable as well. Still is a solid car, with no rattles/significant wearout.