Used 1995 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Not your "usual" Honda...
By texas89

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

When I bought this car in early 2009 to replace my 1993 Corolla, I expected the famed Honda reliability. I bought it for $5000 with only 70, 000 original miles on the car. I assumed I would get at least 100, 000 more miles out of it, not the case. Five months after buying the car, the AC and brakes went out, and I replaced the AC compressor fan and refrigerant ($350), brake pads, shoes, rotors, and master cylinder ($800). The steering is very "sticky", a problem that has mystified at least 10 mechanics. Back in March, less than a year after doing all that repair work, my AC and brakes went out again. The mechanics I have visited estimate repairs will total upwards of $1000.

Favorite Features

Leather seats and moon roof.

Suggested Improvements

Improved turning radius.

I Need Another
By Steed

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Still can't believe it's running , its now 2010 and i have over 300,000 miles. Besides the factory defect :( no big problems at all . If you need a car to get you around this is really it! It just wont quit!

Favorite Features

Too many

Suggested Improvements

ABS System

My Old Honda
By healnghanz

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Originally, leased by my wife in 1995, then sold to me in 2000, quite a reliable car with some minor and some not so minor problems. The disc brakes warp so easily on a very regular basis. But this last time I had the dealer do it and they are much better. Anti lock brakes died 50K ago. Rust over rear wheels, passenger window slow to rise or not at all sometimes. Tranny rough in winter. AC drain once got plugged and water kept going all over the interior, and ruined computer board. Overdue for timing belt/water pump . Speedometer/odometer stopped working at 164,000. 4 years later I have 165,000 or 200k plus. The engine just works great, w 25 mpg maybe more over the years. Heater ducts rotted.

Favorite Features

The engine is pretty good. Nice moon roof. Good ergonomics, comfy seats, nice handling. Get really good tires on all your vehicles as that's the key to everything. Must use AC in winter with heater to keep windows from fogging. Anti lock brakes were great till a slight fluid leak

Suggested Improvements

Heater AC ductwork/ filterwork needs to be made of not deteriorating material. It crumbled and blew through my vents. Heater knobs hard to turn. So hard that the knobs break off regularly. The heat basically heats the dash mostly rather than my feet. Disc brakes that year need special service.

Closing in on a quarter million
By Dwight Devil

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

When I bought the car in 07, you could have almost convinced me it was brand new. It had 220k on it at the time, and still ran like a champ. Even the cigarette lighter still works. Parts have been cheap. Replaced both CV axles for 100, one ball joint (that I screwed up by jumping a curb) for 20, both sway bar links for 10, washer pump for 15, and both washer fluid jets for 13 (from the DEALER, no less). VERY easy to work on. Some of my clutch fluid mysteriously disappears overnight about once a month, but I top it off and it stays full until some night the following month. Drove 860 (36mpg) miles and ONLY stopped one time (gas), yet wasn't even remotely sore when the trip was over.

Favorite Features

It starts first try every time. No engine problems as of yet. At 240k miles I'm still averaging 27mpg city. Headlights are easier to replace because of flexible neck on washer fluid pump and easily removed (just pull it out) battery vent. Lots of trunk space. Still gets to point B without worry

Suggested Improvements

Wandering idle on rare occasions, presumably due to a vacuum leak that I'm never going to look for. Interior fogs up even when I'm not breathing if I don't leave defogger on all winter. Brake rotors are held on by six bolts that strip WAY too easily for as unnecessary as they seem to be.

Frnt Disc Brake Rotor
By Julito Labor

1995 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I love the car but the only problems that I have now is, I have a hard time changing the front disc rotor. Gonna cost you a little more, the design are not so common like two screws hold the disc. The old disc needs to be pressed and the new one needs to be press too. If you don't have the right tools let the shop do the job. Well, the ac is gone too but overall performance I think I already got my money back. Four thumbs up, I love it, love it.

Suggested Improvements

I hope Honda won't do that disc brake design anymore.