Used 1995 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car!
By G.Nacin

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new in 1995 and have been driving it ever since. Over 270,000 miles and have done only basic maintenance with the exception of the radiator being replaced two years ago. Still runs beautifully; still getting over 30 miles per gallon. Intend to keep the car many more years - haven't had a car payment since the 90s. Garage kept so exterior still looks great.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage; small enough to park in small places yet ride is very smooth. Opted for the 'no frills' model - crank windows, manual transmission, etc. and so far less could go wrong and I haven't regretted it.

Suggested Improvements

Even though it's a manual transmission, the pick up is slow - would suggest improvement there.

Best purchase I've ever made
By Eric Scott

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 11 years and have changed the oil/tires/muffler. The only other thing that has gone wrong is a starter went after 10 years. It's been paid off for 7 years and I plan to keep it for another 5 years. You can't buy a better car than an accord.

Favorite Features

Reliability/comfort/fuel economy/power

Suggested Improvements

Loud on the highway/soundproof it

Best Car Ever!!
By SuzyQ

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new in 95 got the DX to save money. I am getting ready to sell it because I want automatic with power stuff. I have 270,000 miles on it and it still runs great and gets 32mpg, and still rides like new!!! It still has the orig clutch, trans, engine, everything. We maintained it as recommended by the dealer. There was a recall about 3 or 4 years ago on some seal in the engine which caused us to need a new timing belt when they replaced the seal, but Honda paid. I wish I had bought the automatic in 95--then I would just keep it!!

Favorite Features

reliability, comfortable ride, great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders, more headroom, sits too low like sports car.

205000 and still strong
By CEB

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and at 205000m is still strong. Never broken down. Original clutch. No rust although a NE car. Gets over 32mpg now and revs smoothly and powerfully to the redline to which I frequently take it. Absolutely no rattles -actually am amazed, especially as I installed stiffer shocks and springs F&R swaybars (absolutely essential for decent handling), done the basic engine mods and drive this thing fairly hard. Brake work is expensive though with the pressed on rotors. If I knew it was going to last this long I would have bought the EX for more power, discs all round with ABS, sunroof, and power locks. It would have been well worth the extra money.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine. Build quality matching luxury vehicles. Solid feel. Reliability. Handling since I made the aformentioned improvements, without which it is too soft and does not do the car or Honda's image any good. Well spent $14000.

Suggested Improvements

No pressed on brakes. Stiffer stock suspension.

1995 Accord Sedan Dx
By Accord95DX

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord during the summer of 2001, since that time I have spent money on only oil and gas. The car is very reliable and consistently gets over 30 miles to one gallon of fuel. I have the 5-speed transmission in my Accord and I absolutely love it, shifts are clean and crisp, and downshifting at high-rpms will put a smile on your face. The torque in the lower rpms is lacking, but this is true with all small displacement cars. For being such a heavy car it accelerates very quickly and passing on the highway is a breeze. Overall, the Accord is an all-around good car, from economy to performance.

Favorite Features

-Engine -Transmission(5-speed) -Interior Space -Exterior Design -Comfortable seats -Reliability -Economy

Suggested Improvements

-More torque in the low-rpm range -More standard features -Better interior design