1995 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great car!
By G.Nacin on 09/13/09 13:30 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new in 1995 and have been driving it ever since. Over 270,000 miles and have done only basic maintenance with the exception of the radiator being replaced two years ago. Still runs beautifully; still getting over 30 miles per gallon. Intend to keep the car many more years - haven't had a car payment since the 90s. Garage kept so exterior still looks great.

Best purchase I've ever made
By Eric Scott on 03/11/06 06:56 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 11 years and have changed the oil/tires/muffler. The only other thing that has gone wrong is a starter went after 10 years. It's been paid off for 7 years and I plan to keep it for another 5 years. You can't buy a better car than an accord.

Best Car Ever!!
By SuzyQ on 11/09/05 09:45 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new in 95 got the DX to save money. I am getting ready to sell it because I want automatic with power stuff. I have 270,000 miles on it and it still runs great and gets 32mpg, and still rides like new!!! It still has the orig clutch, trans, engine, everything. We maintained it as recommended by the dealer. There was a recall about 3 or 4 years ago on some seal in the engine which caused us to need a new timing belt when they replaced the seal, but Honda paid. I wish I had bought the automatic in 95--then I would just keep it!!

205000 and still strong
By CEB on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and at 205000m is still strong. Never broken down. Original clutch. No rust although a NE car. Gets over 32mpg now and revs smoothly and powerfully to the redline to which I frequently take it. Absolutely no rattles -actually am amazed, especially as I installed stiffer shocks and springs F&R swaybars (absolutely essential for decent handling), done the basic engine mods and drive this thing fairly hard. Brake work is expensive though with the pressed on rotors. If I knew it was going to last this long I would have bought the EX for more power, discs all round with ABS, sunroof, and power locks. It would have been well worth the extra money.

1995 Accord Sedan Dx
By Accord95DX on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord during the summer of 2001, since that time I have spent money on only oil and gas. The car is very reliable and consistently gets over 30 miles to one gallon of fuel. I have the 5-speed transmission in my Accord and I absolutely love it, shifts are clean and crisp, and downshifting at high-rpms will put a smile on your face. The torque in the lower rpms is lacking, but this is true with all small displacement cars. For being such a heavy car it accelerates very quickly and passing on the highway is a breeze. Overall, the Accord is an all-around good car, from economy to performance.

very sturdy and worthy car
By bughugger on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

amazingly sturdy, never broke down once in 7 years. Saved my life in a serious autwreck actually really quick, large trunk lots of interior space, basically lived out of it.