1994 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Really Nice - Not Great - One

1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Really Nice - Not Great - One Sour Note
By ChiliMac on

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 1993 - the first off of the lot. As of March, 2008 it has 136,000 on it - almost all city with a once-a-year or so long highway trip. Mileage VG 27 city, 30+ highway. Have replaced radiator (2x), starter (2x), CV half shafts, clutch slave and master cylinders, misc. relays, etc. Mechanically, it's never really let me down. My complaint is the paint -- the dreaded Honda clear-coat paint failure hit. It looks like C*!%. Roof, trunk, hood, etc. Honda won't cover any of it ("...normal wear and tear..."). So I'm supposed to justify $500-to-$1,000 for new paint on a car that's now worth $2,500. Despite my satisfaction otherwise, I don't plan on buying another Honda.

Favorite Features

City and highway performance. Smooth, quiet, agile, relatively quick, fun to cut curves with. Easy to drive 12-to- 14 hours without getting too tired. Reasonably reliable. I really like the size, lines, styling. The new ones (200*) are too big and look like a Japanese take on an Oldsmobile.

Suggested Improvements

If Honda wants me and everyone I know as a customer in the future, they must do a better job on the quality of their paint. It just isn't right to have paint fail like it has on mine and tens of thousands of other cars (Google it).