1994 Honda Accord DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1994 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

Almost loyal as a dog
By sparky

1994 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This has been a reliable car. Before I owned 2 Chevy Cavaliers (ugh), an Audi, a VW Golf, a Ford Escort (double ugh), and a Chevy Celebrity Wagon. Only the Audi and the Golf lasted longer; now at 108,000. However, the finish (white) lost its luster in the FL sun after a couple of years. Recently it wouldn't start within a couple of minutes of shutting off the engine, as when you get gas or are running errands. I just had to replace the master brake cylinder and now stops are bumpy and one setting of the AC doesn't work any more. In thinking about a new car, I wonder if any one that I can afford will hold up as well.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, easy to maintain interior (still looks new). The fold down rear seat has come in handy a lot. Overall reliability.

Suggested Improvements

They've probably done a lot in 8 years.

Still Quality After Eight Years
By apitch

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Jan. 2002. I was hesitant about buying the eight year old car from a private seller. But to my surprise, the ride of the car is smooth (even though it is a four cylinder) and has given me no problems. What helped is that the prior owner routinely kept up the maintenance. The look of the Honda is a classic--sleek and smooth and still can compete with the modern cars of today. In addition, I really like the gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The funny thing is that a teenager thought my car was brand new because it was so clean inside. All the bells and whistles still work and the integrity of the car is still evident.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that irritates me is the exhaust/muffler "rubbing" noise that comes at a certain RPM. I feel that Honda should replace the exhaust kit no matter what the warranty says since it was faulty on all/most 1994-1996 Hondas from the beginning.

Very happy Honda owner
By Gadero

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 8 years and 152,000 miles and I have spent $-0- on repairs!!! Honda quality is incredible! It still drives very nicely and rides great; does not show its age at all. I also own another Honda, a new Odyssey.

Favorite Features

The front bucket seats are extremely comforatable. Rides and handles very well.

Suggested Improvements

None

Absolutely Perfect!
By Goudy Honda

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The best car Honda's ever made since before '93!

Favorite Features

Great sound system, transmission, speed!

My 1994 Honda Accord EX
By A.Siu

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

It's cool, but now compared with other cars, it's "out of the gang."

Favorite Features

I like the speed odometer design! Very easy to read...

Suggested Improvements

Needs more luxurious options even it's not a luxury car!

Best In Class
By AccordMaven

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought what was literally the first '94 EX 5-speed on the dealers lot. It felt weird to drive it around and not see another one on the road for what seemed to be months. Its been used primarily as a commuter, with a few long (2,000 mile) family and business trips thrown in. The Honda has never been less than sterling. Good power, great handling, fine ride, comfortable. Only significant problems have been a radiator failure (fixed under warranty) and a starter failure. Very few other issues, all of which were/are inconsequential. Overall, its been so good that I bought a second one for my teenage son (who is customizing it big time!).

Favorite Features

Solid reliability, handling, performance, style, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Original tires (Michelin's) were poor on mileage (only 12,000 miles before replacement - two sets). AC could blow colder (Atlanta is HOT sometimes).

Great Car - Great Value
By glenn smith

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have over 230000 miles on my Accord and still going...

Honda Forever
By Johnny Sok

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda Accord in 99. I have no problem with the car design,interior,and performance etc., I love the car so much I invested almost $20,000 to make the car look better and faster. I can't wait to get the Honda Accord 2003 Coupe. Honda is an excellent automobile.

Favorite Features

nice dash board, nice seat, and a good car to have.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat is small.

good car
By Fillmore

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

i got this car from my sister for 2 grand, im 16 years old, its a great first car, it has 175,000 miles on it! but still drives awesome...

Favorite Features

love this stick shift, nice interior

Suggested Improvements

more power baby! and the rims are ugly

No more Hondas for me
By NoMoreHondas

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I've had two '94 Accords and both had similar and dissimilar problems. First the transmission is the worst I have ever felt in my life. Both Accords I bought had over 100k miles when I bought them. They both had a/c problems. The first one never got cold, the second was cold until the evaporator core busted ($700 problem if Honda does the work). The first one also had a mysterious voltage problem that dimmed the lights at night like the battery was dying. The second one won't start intermittently. The ride quality/handling was sloppy in both cars. Maintenace is expensive - for ex. timing belt and brake rotors are headaches compared to most cars.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling. Good factory stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Handling is sloppy, engine is sluggish, transmission is jerky, a/c is weak and not reliable, and maintenance is expensive due to non-traditional designs.