1994 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Almost loyal as a dog
By sparky on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This has been a reliable car. Before I owned 2 Chevy Cavaliers (ugh), an Audi, a VW Golf, a Ford Escort (double ugh), and a Chevy Celebrity Wagon. Only the Audi and the Golf lasted longer; now at 108,000. However, the finish (white) lost its luster in the FL sun after a couple of years. Recently it wouldn't start within a couple of minutes of shutting off the engine, as when you get gas or are running errands. I just had to replace the master brake cylinder and now stops are bumpy and one setting of the AC doesn't work any more. In thinking about a new car, I wonder if any one that I can afford will hold up as well.

Still Quality After Eight Years
By apitch on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Jan. 2002. I was hesitant about buying the eight year old car from a private seller. But to my surprise, the ride of the car is smooth (even though it is a four cylinder) and has given me no problems. What helped is that the prior owner routinely kept up the maintenance. The look of the Honda is a classic--sleek and smooth and still can compete with the modern cars of today. In addition, I really like the gas mileage.

Very happy Honda owner
By Gadero on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 8 years and 152,000 miles and I have spent $-0- on repairs!!! Honda quality is incredible! It still drives very nicely and rides great; does not show its age at all. I also own another Honda, a new Odyssey.

Absolutely Perfect!
By Goudy Honda on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The best car Honda's ever made since before '93!

My 1994 Honda Accord EX
By A.Siu on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

It's cool, but now compared with other cars, it's "out of the gang."

Best In Class
By AccordMaven on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought what was literally the first '94 EX 5-speed on the dealers lot. It felt weird to drive it around and not see another one on the road for what seemed to be months. Its been used primarily as a commuter, with a few long (2,000 mile) family and business trips thrown in. The Honda has never been less than sterling. Good power, great handling, fine ride, comfortable. Only significant problems have been a radiator failure (fixed under warranty) and a starter failure. Very few other issues, all of which were/are inconsequential. Overall, its been so good that I bought a second one for my teenage son (who is customizing it big time!).

Great Car - Great Value
By glenn smith on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have over 230000 miles on my Accord and still going...

Honda Forever
By Johnny Sok on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda Accord in 99. I have no problem with the car design,interior,and performance etc., I love the car so much I invested almost $20,000 to make the car look better and faster. I can't wait to get the Honda Accord 2003 Coupe. Honda is an excellent automobile.

good car
By Fillmore on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

i got this car from my sister for 2 grand, im 16 years old, its a great first car, it has 175,000 miles on it! but still drives awesome...

No more Hondas for me
By NoMoreHondas on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I've had two '94 Accords and both had similar and dissimilar problems. First the transmission is the worst I have ever felt in my life. Both Accords I bought had over 100k miles when I bought them. They both had a/c problems. The first one never got cold, the second was cold until the evaporator core busted ($700 problem if Honda does the work). The first one also had a mysterious voltage problem that dimmed the lights at night like the battery was dying. The second one won't start intermittently. The ride quality/handling was sloppy in both cars. Maintenace is expensive - for ex. timing belt and brake rotors are headaches compared to most cars.