1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda Accord
By mperez on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Honda, it was 2yrs old. The car has been excellent. Very few things have gone wrong. It is now over 10yrs old with over 130,000 miles and I know that it will start every morning. Only problems areas have been the a/c and the cv joints. otherwise, I take it in for a tuneup every year and thats it. still put around 15k miles on it a year, and ov80mph on hiway

Mr. Reliable
By Happy Accord owner on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I've had this Honda for 5 years and added over 80,000 miles to its initial 59,000. Other than routine maintenance, the car has never had a problem starting or running--and working 80 hrs/week at all times of day/night in snow-country, I needed reliability! Gives an average of 24 MPG in highway with stop/go traffic. Reasonable acceleration (I have a V4), still looks sporty in 2004! Very smooth. Because of it I will always be a Honda fan.

MOST RELIABLE CAR
By RICHL on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Absolutely incredible reliability. Zero unexpected repairs, only routine maintainance (oil chges,filters,bulbs timing belts, etc.) in over 365,000 miles. Starts better than my wife's new Accord, and drives like the day I bought it; cloth seats show no wear. 2 failures in all this time: cassette player eats tapes so it now holds my CD adapter, and the electric antenna mast needed to be replaced ($25.). I kept it away from local Honda garage which has a reputation for creating problems. This has also been my experience with my daughters '93 Accord which has not been as trouble free (bought used).

my cool accord
By lil hawk on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as 2nd car to not have to drive truck all time. You just can't beat a Honda Accord. 10 years old and dash and instrument panel is modern, excellent quality, and looks good. excellent 5 speed shifting. engine runs like new. very good handling/ride compromise. cold a/c. great gas mileage. still looks hot even at 10!!! NO American make of same age could even come close to the attributes of the Accord!! Feel like the car has a lot of years left.

An awesome car to own
By jlucas on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

There's no possible way to downplay the overall rating of this car. I am a student in college and am proud (not to mention lucky) to own this vechile. It's needed very little work. This car is fun, reliable, and very sleek. I recommend it to anybody who seeks a comfortable, good-looking car with great handling capability.

Solid and Reliable
By ToyoOwner on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Owned the car for 10 years and bought new. Extremely reliable, have 195k miles and still going with original motor and transmission. Other than maintenance, replaced master cylinder, 1/2 shaft axel, radiator, and muffler. With all of these in the last 5,000 miles. 4 cylinder VTEC is adequate but V6 would solve underpower issue at times. A/C was first under new refrigerant...only area of car that is not properly designed.

what a great vehicle!
By Shelbell on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and only had basic maintenance with replacing brakes and oil changes until about 95K when I had to replace the master cylinder. I changed the timing belt as well - car performed well and only started to show signs of rust when I moved to Northeast - about 125K - in the area above the rear wheel well.

My 1994 Accord
By C.S. on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I am 16 and this is my first car. I absolutely love it. It has 129,000 miles on its V6 engine, but still rides and drives like new. Very good car for the money, no rattles or squeaks, still looks good for a 10 year old car. Has excellent power, many optional features

Original owner
By Mercer wagon on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

After 150,000 miles, still no major service items or irksome small repairs. Standard transmission makes a real difference in reliability and drivability. Still on first clutch, but it's time. No squeaks, no runs, no drips, no errors. lucky me?

Like the Mississippi
By Oxford15 on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car just keeps rolling along with problems, without fuss. Though I'll probably but an Acura TL later this year, it's not b/c I'm having mechanical issues with this car. Reliability has been and continues to be outstanding. The only non-scheduled maintenance repairs I've needed have been to replace the power antenna, the driver-side power lock motor, and the exhaust (at 9 yrs in the Northeast).