Used 1994 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car. I love it.and the civic 2
By I Gotta Need 4 Speed

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

So I have this car a couple of months ago and that car is great, is fast, is sexy, and everything else. Someone hit it in the front I cry for it, the guy thought that I was injured. But I still have it. I'm going to make it nicer and faster now. Is red I'm going to drop it a couple of inch to the floor... Everyone like my car everywhere I stop people ask me how much I want for it... But too bad is not for sale... LOL....

radio, transmission, handle, lights. pretty much everything.

suspensions (stock), ECU (unlock the speed in the car), more security i got my sub stolen

Really Nice - Not Great - One Sour Note
By ChiliMac

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 1993 - the first off of the lot. As of March, 2008 it has 136,000 on it - almost all city with a once-a-year or so long highway trip. Mileage VG 27 city, 30+ highway. Have replaced radiator (2x), starter (2x), CV half shafts, clutch slave and master cylinders, misc. relays, etc. Mechanically, it's never really let me down. My complaint is the paint -- the dreaded Honda clear-coat paint failure hit. It looks like C*!%. Roof, trunk, hood, etc. Honda won't cover any of it ("...normal wear and tear..."). So I'm supposed to justify $500-to-$1,000 for new paint on a car that's now worth $2,500. Despite my satisfaction otherwise, I don't plan on buying another Honda.

City and highway performance. Smooth, quiet, agile, relatively quick, fun to cut curves with. Easy to drive 12-to- 14 hours without getting too tired. Reasonably reliable. I really like the size, lines, styling. The new ones (200*) are too big and look like a Japanese take on an Oldsmobile.

If Honda wants me and everyone I know as a customer in the future, they must do a better job on the quality of their paint. It just isn't right to have paint fail like it has on mine and tens of thousands of other cars (Google it).

An Absolute Champion
By dx_rocks

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. First off, my history with it is important. It got me through high school and college, as well as six years delivering pizzas during that time. I treated my car about as bad as one could within reason. I was late with my maintenance, drove only 3 miles to school every day in Minnesota weather, and delivered pizzas, which is about as stop/go as it gets. It now has 220,000 on it and has barely had anything wrong with it. Given how poorly I've treated it, it's a wonder it's made it this far. I don't think I could get rid of it unless it started giving me persistent problems or something really expensive occurred. It still runs great though, so who knows how long it'll be.

Still gets great mileage (26-37, depending on conditions), Still rides smooth and runs great. A/C still works. Pretty fun to drive, and the manual shifter feels great to this day. Comfortable for everyone. Good style, not outdated. No creaks or clicks. GREAT in snow! Can beat it up if I want

Cup-holders please. It is a DX, so lack of cruise can get annoying. Some of those other features too. A little bit loud engine noise... I'm being picky. This car is GREAT. If you can get a well maintained one, don't hesitate. It might run longer than you want it to.

It ain't no old lady
By beanpole

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Don't hate! This is probably the best car ever! One of the last Accords made-in and imported from Japan. After all these years, it still taunts most other vehicles on the road. Agile and spry. The least wiggle room on a busy highway just makes this 'jackrabbit' more fun! During the last 13yrs. of ownership, this Honda had only one major repair and was my fault for not heeding factory recall of 'front seal.' Time lapsed and I paid! It was a good opportunity to replace the timing belt, all seals and other rubber parts. Texas climate probably would have worn 'em out soon enough. Last week, it needed a $240 ignition switch. Ooh! Still gets 25-30mpg and rockets to 110mph. Who needs a hybrid?

Good car
By kerry

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is a decent car with very few problems. With 138k miles, I have put on a timing belt, water pump and new seals to prevent sudden oil loss (honda recall item). The window regulator was replaced, too. It gets 28 mpg overall. It has a smooth but sporty ride and is quite fast for an automatic. The paint is oxidized a bit and there are some rust spots. I can depend on this car. It is pretty easy to work on as well. You'll enjoy this car.

Gas mileage, reliability, looks