1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
We Loved this 94 Accord!
By Rick on 05/07/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

It was a great driving vehicle, handled curves very well. On highway (manual) we got 35 mph, about 30 mph city. Used cruise a lot too. Started out with this car in San Diego and drove all over CA & AZ (94-98). Then took it to Italy with us (98-02) where it went all over Italy & parts of Europe; so reliable we didn't have to worry about it breaking down in little towns and hills of Europe. Returned to States in VA where teenager promptly totaled it along with his dad's Mustang. My brother wanted to sell me 99 Toyota Camry so he could buy something else. Camry just not the driving car the Accord is. I would buy another Honda in a heartbeat!

very pleased
By xrs54 on 02/16/05 22:00 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

this car is great! has not had any major(or minor for that matter) problems. had the car since february 2003 and had only had to take it in for a hood cable. it gets good gas mileage and has good acceleration when you need it. going to and from school can be long at times, but the seats are confortable. this is a very reliable car and am looking forward to it getting me through college.

Car of the Year 1994
By Cronyn on 01/01/05 09:33 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My car has lived up to its billing as the Car of the Year 1994. I have had minimal mechanical and car related problems while enjoying a classic car with wonderfully designed exterior features and adequately crafted interior features. My son is looking forward to retro-fitting this car to bring it back to a hotter styling but keep the same sporty and functional looks it was created with.

perfect all around
By kevin on 12/18/04 23:54 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Very fun to drive car, what can i say? The 2.2 v-tech is a lot more powerful than it seems. The 94 accord EX is my second accord, and it just keeps getting better. Well worth the money spent!!!

No Better Value
By OnlyHondas on 12/05/04 00:02 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

EX bought new in 1993, just crossed 144K. Replaced radiator and distributor cap in the last 3 years. An ABS part went bad under warranty, and AC compressor went out just out of warranty, dealer replaced for labor only. Otherwise over 11 years this car has been incredibly reliable. It has never ever leaked a drop of oil and has always done 22-25 mpg in town and just under 30mpg on the highway. Fit and finish is typical Honda quality. It's a fun car to drive, the VTEC motor lively, strong and responsive. Only real issue is the AC can't keep up on hot days, and the shocks/bushings tend to get noisy in the cold now. No rust anywhere yet, wax twice/year.

Best Car I Ever Had
By Hotchie2 on 12/04/04 20:32 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 5 speed manual brand new. Had some hassles negotiating the price, but it was worth it. I commute about 100 miles a day, and I didn't baby it. About half of the commute was highway, which I regularly drove at 80+ mph, and the other half was stop & go. By the time I gave it to my brother in 2002, it had about 236K miles. The only real problem I had was the original tires had to be replaced around 20K miles. Over 8 years, I replaced the muffler, timing belt (2-3 times) and the drive axles, all considered normal wear and tear or better. I washed it maybe once a year. Now that my brother babys it and cleaned it up, it looks brand new. It still has the original paint!

The reliable machine
By Chakradhar on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord 8-year old, and it is two years since then. It has been so faithful to me and worth each and every penny I put on it. Excellent miles/gallon and smooth breaks and gears are the big plus.I highly recommend this car.

Best Car I've Owned
By Jabez on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 221k miles on it. Previous owner had done nothing but std maint (tires, brakes, exhaust, tune-up, t-belt). I have put 23k more on it with only brakes and an alignment. Still the original clutch, struts, water pump, etc. with 239k miles...almost unbelievable?! Everything still works on the car (AC, all electric, etc.), and it does not have any rattles (even after a front end accident by previous owner). Doesn't use a drop of oil between changes, and I don't drive this car very easy. By far the best car I have owned, with my Maxima being very close behind. Get a well maintained used one, and don't be afraid of high miles

Not Bad... owes me nothing
By tommy10987 on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

My main complaint with the '94 Honda is the rust problems with the rear wheel wells. However, I just decided to put some $$$ into fixing the rust since the car has been pretty reliable overall, and actually felt as fun to drive than a new one! In the 7 years I have owned it, have had two oil leaks (one reimbursed later due to recall), and have had to replace both window motors, clutch slave cylinder, and A/C condenser. Removed heat shield to get rid of the silly noise. Currently, the right door actuator keeps making a noise, the hood doesn't shut well, and in really hot humid weather sometimes doesn't start the first time.

Get an ACCORD
By niceguy on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I had a 1989 model and purchased the 1994 model in 1998. We are so proud of our purchase and yet more please with the reliability that we had through the lifetime with this wonderful car. I had minor repair issues throughout the 6 years we owned and never once would complain. Technology always breaks but for some reason not with a Honda. Very please and will stay within the Honda family of vehicles for our next purchase.