1994 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
The reliable machine
By Chakradhar on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord 8-year old, and it is two years since then. It has been so faithful to me and worth each and every penny I put on it. Excellent miles/gallon and smooth breaks and gears are the big plus.I highly recommend this car.

Get an ACCORD
By niceguy on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I had a 1989 model and purchased the 1994 model in 1998. We are so proud of our purchase and yet more please with the reliability that we had through the lifetime with this wonderful car. I had minor repair issues throughout the 6 years we owned and never once would complain. Technology always breaks but for some reason not with a Honda. Very please and will stay within the Honda family of vehicles for our next purchase.

Honda Accord
By mperez on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Honda, it was 2yrs old. The car has been excellent. Very few things have gone wrong. It is now over 10yrs old with over 130,000 miles and I know that it will start every morning. Only problems areas have been the a/c and the cv joints. otherwise, I take it in for a tuneup every year and thats it. still put around 15k miles on it a year, and ov80mph on hiway

An awesome car to own
By jlucas on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

There's no possible way to downplay the overall rating of this car. I am a student in college and am proud (not to mention lucky) to own this vechile. It's needed very little work. This car is fun, reliable, and very sleek. I recommend it to anybody who seeks a comfortable, good-looking car with great handling capability.

Solid and Reliable
By ToyoOwner on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Owned the car for 10 years and bought new. Extremely reliable, have 195k miles and still going with original motor and transmission. Other than maintenance, replaced master cylinder, 1/2 shaft axel, radiator, and muffler. With all of these in the last 5,000 miles. 4 cylinder VTEC is adequate but V6 would solve underpower issue at times. A/C was first under new refrigerant...only area of car that is not properly designed.

what a great vehicle!
By Shelbell on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and only had basic maintenance with replacing brakes and oil changes until about 95K when I had to replace the master cylinder. I changed the timing belt as well - car performed well and only started to show signs of rust when I moved to Northeast - about 125K - in the area above the rear wheel well.

My 1994 Accord
By C.S. on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I am 16 and this is my first car. I absolutely love it. It has 129,000 miles on its V6 engine, but still rides and drives like new. Very good car for the money, no rattles or squeaks, still looks good for a 10 year old car. Has excellent power, many optional features

Like the Mississippi
By Oxford15 on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car just keeps rolling along with problems, without fuss. Though I'll probably but an Acura TL later this year, it's not b/c I'm having mechanical issues with this car. Reliability has been and continues to be outstanding. The only non-scheduled maintenance repairs I've needed have been to replace the power antenna, the driver-side power lock motor, and the exhaust (at 9 yrs in the Northeast).

beware of new/redesigned model years
By sergio rubio on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

in the first 3 years, we had minor cosmetic problems, like door handle trim,(replaced many times-factory recall)-spent alot of time at dealers, glove box retainers broken, brake lights relaced every 6 mo. air conditioner smells after turning off and running just air major problems at 46000 mi- replace water pump!! new water pump now has 140000 miles!!!!!!!!!!replace slave cylinder! steering wheel deteriorated. at 90000 mi (5 yr) replace broken plastic radiator and again at 186000 (12/2003) new struts and shocks at 170000. very unhappy about these problems, but overall, 10 years, satisfied.

good value
By csaleem on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Changed radiator, antenna, temp knob at 40k miles, at 71k ignition switch replaced