1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Hoping for the Best
By STL Bob on 11/08/05 13:59 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car yesterday (10/7/2005) with the idea that I would drive it for 18 months then turn it over to my son when he turns 16. It has 138k miles on it and the most significant option is anti-lock breaks. The primary body problem is a small rust spot behind the driver's side rear wheel that should be easy to fix. The car looks very nice for being 11 years old. There are no tears in the fabric and the dash is not cracked. The body looks good except for the rust spot. The paint has held up well and is still glossy and the plastic trim has not faded. Car starts and runs well but transmission is a little rough. Pick up is not like my 6 cycl but I did not expect it to be.

never dies
By UberRealiable on 10/31/05 01:21 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 204k. All parts seemed to be original, except radiator and timing belt. Car now has 220k on it and has been treated to a new clutch slave master cylinder to keep the pollution low in the driveway. New muffler at 215k replaced honda factory equipment. I know of at least 10 I have seen from this year which have exceeded 200k. Heard of a guy with over a million on his '94. Overall I am very impressed with this car. Even with the little 4 cylinder engine, just as reliable as Ford Triton V-10

Feel bad when bought , no regret now
By Sarar on 10/06/05 09:53 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought in Sep 1999, manual has 85K and in 6 years put 100K on it. Still running great. Wish to drive another 70K and make it 250,000 even without working on clutch work.

The best car I've ever owned
By Wij on 09/24/05 18:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

The car has never dissapointed me, or let me down. It is so comfortable, on long drives you dont feel like stopping. The car should have come with wider wheels and more HP for a 2.2 liter. But other than that, the interior and exterior build quality is fantastic. The problem is I would like to buy a newer Accord, but I cant seem to let this go as it seems more sturdy!

Good vehicle to last a long time
By LovenHate on 09/05/05 21:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

A good all around car with little improvement. A much better design than the 93 accord. Looks newer than it really is.

Last of a dying breed
By Lee on 07/23/05 12:20 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This year model Accord is much better built than 1998-2002 body styles. I hope the latest rendition of the Accord goes back to their excellent build quality and premium interior materials. I bought this car used with 60,000 miles and have put over 100,000 (now reads 168,000) miles on it. I have used and abused this poor baby and it still treats me right. It's starting to show some wear and tear with using oil regularly, but what could I expect? Not many flaws with this Japanese masterpiece, other than one faulty oil seal leak. I would probably buy a new one if they are still made this good. Trust me: believe the hype! This is a great vehicle.

Perfect car in every sense of the word
By Liz on 07/14/05 10:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in August of last year with 135k. I've had some problems out of it (clutch repair, timing belt, oil gasket leak), but nothing unexpected of an 11 year old car. The car is absolutely the most fun car I've ever driven. I have the 4 cyl with a manual tranny, and it's got some serious pickup. I find myself out accelerating a lot of other cars at red lights. THis car is fantastic on long trips (seating is somewhat uncomfortable after a while) and runs so smoothly. The handling alone is worth the buy. I've had this car on the ice and snow, and it's performed beautifully!

Lovin my "new" car!
By 94accord_lover on 07/12/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is my first car, and i'm really enjoying it. My uncle was the previous owner, and he treated it like it was his own child. 11 years old and only 71K miles! He has had nothing but good to say about the car and so far neither do I. Never been in shop besides routine fluid and filter changes. The gas mileage has been rather good, averaging 31 mpg, but got 38 mpg (!!!!) on a 120 mile round trip. Love the handling. Everything feels so solid, like it will hold up for another 20 years. Design inside and out don't look like 11 year old design. Looks as modern as it did in 94. Great job, Honda!!

Maximize your dollar with Honda!
By Jack on 06/14/05 20:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This was the first Honda my family owned. My dad needed something to last long miles for his 60 mile one-way commute to work (all highway). He couldn't believe how much he got out of it by just doing oil changes and basic maintenance (rotating tires, fluid levels, etc.). I inherited the car during college (6 hours away) at 150,000 miles. That car went back and forth from Ohio to Illinois, to FL for a spring break, to New England for a summer, and got me through grad school for 2 years in Chicago...and it's still going at 269K miles!! Now I have to part with it since I don't need it living in the city. Do the preventive maintenance and Honda will take care of you! Excellent vehicle.

Best Chioce
By PSU student on 05/09/05 03:49 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

11 years old and still strong! This is my first car and I've owned it for nearly six years. I've been beating the hell out of this car since high school and it never breaks. Got it with 60K and now with 140K it still runs 100%. With a 5-sp manual and the EX's V-Tec system you can really get exciting performance from this car; however, if you're looking for a fun/fast performer don't get an automatic. I still get 30+ MPG on the highway at 80+ MPH. Other than replacing the master clutch cylender at 70K, only routine maintenance.