Used 1994 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Mine must be a lemon??
By jsalter

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I'm not sure what everyone else is raving about regarding how great and reliable this car is, because mine has been quite the opposite. I bought mine in 2007 with 98k miles on it from a friend who had just replaced the timing belt. Still, over the past 5 years, I have replaced more things on this car than I ever have on any of my other vehicles I've ever owned. I've owned 3 Hondas in the 90s, 2 Toyotas in the 90s, 2 Nissans 80s, a Volvo 90s, and a Pontiac 80s. This was the worst car out of all of them.

One of the my main problems with this car is the difficulty in repairs. For example, when you need to replace the brake pads, it's good to turn the rotors. However, with this car, you need a special tool to remove the rotors and so if you take it to a shop, they charge you extra for this. This car is by far the most difficult I've ever worked on myself in doing simple mainenance. Everything is very compact in the engine and hard to reach. If you don't have tools that can bend and go around obstacles, you either need to take off many other things to get to the problem, or take it to someone and pay more in labor charges.

This was the 1st year Honda changed the design of the Accord and I have promised myself never to buy another car again that is a first design. Let them sort out the kinks first and fix the issues. I've spent more hours and money on this car with more headaches than I can account for. My wife drives a 2000 Accord and it's so much easier to work on and without nearly the amount of problems I have had. And sadly, my car has less mileage and wear on it than hers. She still would like to stay with the Honda brand. But after this Honda, I may be going elsewhere.

1994 Accord - still running strong ...
By lneller

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1994 Accord LX coupe in November 2005. At the time, it had 177,000 miles on it - just getting broken in for a Honda. Had no hesitation about buying it. I kept it for 4 years, until I moved to Hawaii. In the 4 years that I had it, I had little problems. I burned the clutch up (I was new to 5 spds). I got some new brakes. I did have to replace the engine at about 220K (it was about $1000). That was about it. I sold it to my ex-boyfriend, who drove it for 2 more years until selling it. It was still running strong (and will do so for a while). Loved this car!!

Gas mileage Ride Reliability Value Cost of maintenance

Hmmm?? None.

Awesome Accord
By energysamus

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love this car. I received it w/180,000 miles on it and it works great. Being a Honda, what else could you expect?

Very good quality in exterior and interior build. Definitely not ugly at all, even by today's standards. Dashboard gauges are well organized. Brake and Acceleration pedals are perfectly calibrated for the way I drive (the acc pedal has a 'hard' push to it, something I really like). Automatic handling is smooth.

Interior is bland and somewhat ugly (with wooden panels on mine), yet the simplicity is great in terms of organization of controls. ABS actually stopped working on this car within 3 years of original purchase. My EX model should have come with a factory security system... It was made in 1994, not 1984.

My best car ever
By reg,s honda

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have 210,000 miles. Bought new and has given great service. Paint still good. Replaced radiator, transmission. Changed oil every 5000 miles. Still has original suspension. Air works great. Interior like new. Engine sounds and runs great. Good on tire mileage. I look forward to driving it till it quits.

Drives good,dependable,and still blends in with newer cars of today.

Keyless entry.

360,000 miles, like new
By MrKing

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Great car, purchased 12 years ago, never left me stranded at 360,000 miles. Very comfortable, very reliable, white paint still looks great, interior looks great. Very durable interior materials that really don't show any signs of wear at all, except maybe the floor mats. 5-speed is a must, original clutch after all these miles, shifts perfect. Recently replaced some wear and tear parts, radiator, stereo, ac compressor, timing belt (x2). Other than that it has never broke down, just maintenance. Although odometer stopped working about 3 weeks ago. About to get a new accord coupe, i'll probably cry when i sell her though. Best relationship I've ever had

interior and exterior finishes, reliability, gas mileage

nothing