1994 Accord EX 5sp coupe.
By ejohn1 on
1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe
Bought my EX 2 door in Feb 2012, it had 38k on it, was garaged and babied at the dealership so it was like new...and 9 months later I still love the thing. Mileage, comfort and ride/handling along with reliability and durability were why I choose this particular year and model and so far, 10k miles or so, the car does not disappoint. I thought it would be too small and slow for a 6'+ 230 lb guy who prefers roomy musclecars but while it's almost too small for me...it's ok even on long trips and the acceleration is'nt too bad either. I put on a set of Continental Pro Contact Eco Plus which gave it a confident feel plus a new stereo head so...I'm happy as hell driving it. I'd buy it again
Favorite Features
What I like the most is the common sense and user-friendly design of the car which shows up in all the little ways...that and the logevity of it's components. The car is quick enough for me, it's agile and brakes well even in emergency which suprised me...had to go from 75 to 0 in a hurry and it was easily controlled. The car has a confident feel about it, it handles well...not super tight but close. The Vtec ups the horsepower at 2,500 rpm so that helps acceleration. The ride is nice and quiet enuf for me. MPG is great...my best highway is 32 so far but I drive fast, intown it's probably 26 but again I like fast. A/C kicks, heat is good, windows/roof good, great trans and shifter. Very fun!
Suggested Improvements
Back seat leg-room is lacking and trunk opening is small. Front window fogs often when raining or super humid and front window defroster only works well if the a/c is working to dry out the air. On the coupe, the inside light switch is hard to reach overhead, the seatbelts don't retract after use very well and get stuck in the door when closing. The a/c condensor housing drain outlet is prone to clogging from leaf debris causing water to collect and eventually spill out of the air vents. Exhaust has a wierd vibration at 2k RPM due to a funky factory manifold gasket . These are all minor complaints and easily tolerated and/or fixed...except for the physical dimensions. Great car all in all.