1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda Forever
By Johnny Sok on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda Accord in 99. I have no problem with the car design,interior,and performance etc., I love the car so much I invested almost $20,000 to make the car look better and faster. I can't wait to get the Honda Accord 2003 Coupe. Honda is an excellent automobile.

good car
By Fillmore on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

i got this car from my sister for 2 grand, im 16 years old, its a great first car, it has 175,000 miles on it! but still drives awesome...

No more Hondas for me
By NoMoreHondas on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've had two '94 Accords and both had similar and dissimilar problems. First the transmission is the worst I have ever felt in my life. Both Accords I bought had over 100k miles when I bought them. They both had a/c problems. The first one never got cold, the second was cold until the evaporator core busted ($700 problem if Honda does the work). The first one also had a mysterious voltage problem that dimmed the lights at night like the battery was dying. The second one won't start intermittently. The ride quality/handling was sloppy in both cars. Maintenace is expensive - for ex. timing belt and brake rotors are headaches compared to most cars.

What a pain
By avp83 on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My car is 98000 miles now. The engine rattles very loud, (very annoying)... Steering is very light (easy to loose control).. but overall, car is very reliable..

Fun Car to Drive
By Paulj on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Bought used from an individual who kept exemplary records. It looked like new when I got it, although it had 51,000 miles on it. I've had few problems with it.

Fast & Reliable
By High Resale on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car has a wonderful appearance and the VTEC engine provides more than ample acceleration on a 0-60. The cornering is precise and the interior features are well placed. I'm sure this Honda will go another 100k miles like the rest...

How much do you like vanilla?
By proxl on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought my 94 DX 4dr. new, now have 74K mi. Reliability good -- would be excellent if it weren't for Y2K. That year, the door handle broke off on an icy day; the starter quit; and oil seal leak nearly killed it forever. Honda recalled for that problem in 2001, but it took American Honda about 8 months to reimburse me for my repair. Reasonably comfortable, good mileage. Too reliable, though. It's so deadly dull that I'd love to trade it in for something that doesn't scream "Daddy car!", but I can't justify a new car payment when this will probably last another 100K.

my honey
By panache on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

bought with 165m km. now have 209m km

My Honda Wagon
By ora rollins on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I have had this car for almost one year now and it has never given me any problems. It is very roomy and is great for loading and unloading my kids. The Honda Accord station Wagon is a good vehicle to use for travel it has a very high gas milage and is very spacious. I haven't had to do any work to my honda since I have had it except for normal car wear and tair. They are very dependable and trustworthy cars.

Satan's own automatic transmission
By audiboy on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This car has the crudest, roughest automatic transmission I have ever experienced, rough enough to spill your morning coffee if you happen to be sipping while it is shifting. Reliability is atrocious. At 27,000 miles the temperature control knob stopped operating. At 35,000 miles the driver's door window fell into the door frame and would not roll up. There was an exhaust system rattle from underneath the passenger compartment the entire time I owned the car. At 65,000 miles the ABS computer module failed to the tune of $800. At 70,000 miles the odometer stoppped working. My 3rd and last Honda product.