1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Almost loyal as a dog
By sparky on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This has been a reliable car. Before I owned 2 Chevy Cavaliers (ugh), an Audi, a VW Golf, a Ford Escort (double ugh), and a Chevy Celebrity Wagon. Only the Audi and the Golf lasted longer; now at 108,000. However, the finish (white) lost its luster in the FL sun after a couple of years. Recently it wouldn't start within a couple of minutes of shutting off the engine, as when you get gas or are running errands. I just had to replace the master brake cylinder and now stops are bumpy and one setting of the AC doesn't work any more. In thinking about a new car, I wonder if any one that I can afford will hold up as well.

Still Quality After Eight Years
By apitch on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Jan. 2002. I was hesitant about buying the eight year old car from a private seller. But to my surprise, the ride of the car is smooth (even though it is a four cylinder) and has given me no problems. What helped is that the prior owner routinely kept up the maintenance. The look of the Honda is a classic--sleek and smooth and still can compete with the modern cars of today. In addition, I really like the gas mileage.

Very happy Honda owner
By Gadero on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 8 years and 152,000 miles and I have spent $-0- on repairs!!! Honda quality is incredible! It still drives very nicely and rides great; does not show its age at all. I also own another Honda, a new Odyssey.

Absolutely Perfect!
By Goudy Honda on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

The best car Honda's ever made since before '93!

My 1994 Honda Accord EX
By A.Siu on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

It's cool, but now compared with other cars, it's "out of the gang."

Honda Accord LX Coupe
By Me on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This car is really fun to drive!!

Honda Accord LX Coupe
By me on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This car is really fun to drive!!

Best In Class
By AccordMaven on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought what was literally the first '94 EX 5-speed on the dealers lot. It felt weird to drive it around and not see another one on the road for what seemed to be months. Its been used primarily as a commuter, with a few long (2,000 mile) family and business trips thrown in. The Honda has never been less than sterling. Good power, great handling, fine ride, comfortable. Only significant problems have been a radiator failure (fixed under warranty) and a starter failure. Very few other issues, all of which were/are inconsequential. Overall, its been so good that I bought a second one for my teenage son (who is customizing it big time!).

Great Car - Great Value
By glenn smith on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have over 230000 miles on my Accord and still going...

luv my Honda Wagon EX
By paulh on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

After my last repair on our 97 Sable I decided to sell it and get a Honda. My wife has had great reliability on her 98 civic but I found the civic to small for me. I wanted a wagon and a Honda so I bought used a one owner EX wgn w/ 60K miles. My first fuel check showed 29.3 mpg in town ! It is fun to drive, easy to park and the cargo space with the seats down is very large (63 cu ft). I'm glad I bought this car, I enjoy the CD/tape system as well as the moon roof. This car is a "keeper" as I intend to keep it on the road as long as as I can.