Used 1994 Honda Accord Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Accord Wagon

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

291K, Original clutch...
By Trillium

1994 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This is the best car I have ever owned! After 15 years and LOTS of miles, it has had no major repairs, never left me stranded, and always been fun to drive. I don't baby my car, either - it has spent almost all of its time without a garage, and I take it places that other people take their 4WDs. It holds my bikes, my kayaks, my dogs, and camping gear (maybe not all at the same time). It has been perfect for an active lifestyle. It is my 4th Honda and, even though they have all been good, this is the best of the bunch. I am going to have a party for it when we roll over 300,000 - and expect the clutch to last far beyond that...

Favorite Features

Reliability, interior space, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Start selling them in the US again - I would love to be able to get a new one when this one is ready to retire.

MOST RELIABLE CAR
By RICHL

1994 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

Absolutely incredible reliability. Zero unexpected repairs, only routine maintainance (oil chges,filters,bulbs timing belts, etc.) in over 365,000 miles. Starts better than my wife's new Accord, and drives like the day I bought it; cloth seats show no wear. 2 failures in all this time: cassette player eats tapes so it now holds my CD adapter, and the electric antenna mast needed to be replaced ($25.). I kept it away from local Honda garage which has a reputation for creating problems. This has also been my experience with my daughters '93 Accord which has not been as trouble free (bought used).

Favorite Features

Reliablity, starts first time, everytime. Useful wagon space. Relatively quiet, no rattles even with all these miles. Exterior style still current, doesn't look 'old'.

Suggested Improvements

Too bad Honda doesn't clone and reintroduce this Wagon.

Love my Honda!
By Ceres

1994 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I love this car! It's my second Accord, and it's better than the old '83, which had rust from little driving. Instead of abrupt changes, the Honda body style evolves, so the car doesn't look 12 years old, even parked next to another Accord. I've had absolutely no trouble it. I feel safe and secure in my wagon, and I can haul a washing machine or camp out in the back if I must. The worst thing about this car was my friends' reactions. I sold a sports car for it, and they were stunned I went suburban wagon. That said, they all call when they need to move something or take a long trip! I agree with other writers, it's time for Honda to return this gem to the American market!

Favorite Features

After the incredible reliability, the timeless style, sun roof, roomy rear, and the electric driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back! What are they thinking??? It's a gem and a practical answer to the SUV.

My Wagon Saved My Life
By Ryan83

1994 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

This is the best car I have ever owned. I am currently looking to buy another as I just totalled my EX Wagon on the highway in a snowstorm. I just purchased the car 6 months ago, had no problems whatsoever, and will definitely buy another one.

Favorite Features

The airbags and the sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had AWD, but too late now.

Original owner
By Mercer wagon

1994 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

After 150,000 miles, still no major service items or irksome small repairs. Standard transmission makes a real difference in reliability and drivability. Still on first clutch, but it's time. No squeaks, no runs, no drips, no errors. lucky me?