Used 1994 Honda Accord EX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Makes a great first car.
By josh1189

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Accord EX 4 cyl auto in July 2007, with 91K miles on it, had it for 2.5 years and it was great. A few problems occured, like the A/C went out, I replaced the exhaust sytem, the battery and a couple tires. For a car of its age, I didn't think that was too bad. It ran wonderfully, never broke down and never stalled on me. Finally, though, in November of 2009, the heater core went out, causing a nasty mess of sticky smog to enter the car through the air vents, so I couldn't turn on the heat...during the winter, it was NOT fun. So, since the repair would have cost me over $1,000, I had to sell it. It was just too much. Overall, it was a great car and I highly reccommend it!

Favorite Features

Styling, sunroof, alloy wheels, decent sound system for stock, reliability, fantastic fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

None.

It Never Quits!
By hondafever

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car right here was purchased by my cousin back in 95 it's jet black with the spoiler which makes it look that much cooler. this car now has 374,000 miles and, still running strong it still rides on the original suspension,axles,struts. and the only thing that has went wrong recently was the radiator and, blower motor and thermostat also went out but what can you complain about? over 300,00 miles and, Just now giving minor problems I have to say this was the best accord ever made if you can get one go for it because they are worth every dime!

Favorite Features

sunroof,power drivers seat,interior layout.

Suggested Improvements

none

Mine must be a lemon??
By jsalter

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I'm not sure what everyone else is raving about regarding how great and reliable this car is, because mine has been quite the opposite. I bought mine in 2007 with 98k miles on it from a friend who had just replaced the timing belt. Still, over the past 5 years, I have replaced more things on this car than I ever have on any of my other vehicles I've ever owned. I've owned 3 Hondas in the 90s, 2 Toyotas in the 90s, 2 Nissans 80s, a Volvo 90s, and a Pontiac 80s. This was the worst car out of all of them.

Favorite Features

One of the my main problems with this car is the difficulty in repairs. For example, when you need to replace the brake pads, it's good to turn the rotors. However, with this car, you need a special tool to remove the rotors and so if you take it to a shop, they charge you extra for this. This car is by far the most difficult I've ever worked on myself in doing simple mainenance. Everything is very compact in the engine and hard to reach. If you don't have tools that can bend and go around obstacles, you either need to take off many other things to get to the problem, or take it to someone and pay more in labor charges.

Suggested Improvements

This was the 1st year Honda changed the design of the Accord and I have promised myself never to buy another car again that is a first design. Let them sort out the kinks first and fix the issues. I've spent more hours and money on this car with more headaches than I can account for. My wife drives a 2000 Accord and it's so much easier to work on and without nearly the amount of problems I have had. And sadly, my car has less mileage and wear on it than hers. She still would like to stay with the Honda brand. But after this Honda, I may be going elsewhere.

Super HONDA
By nando

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I got my 1994 Accord on auction, it had 132,000 miles on it at the time, now the engine gave out due to a busted heater hose, I ran it hot, it had 482,000 miles on it, this baby just kept on ticking. This was my second 94 Honda, my first had 413,000 miles, then I donated it. They had a 4 cyl, great pick-up, and about 35 mpg, and smooth to drive, Honda lover forever.

Favorite Features

Loved the low dash, easy to see, 6- speakers, nice space inside, front bucket seats fit like a glove

Suggested Improvements

would not change a single thing

1994 Honda Accord EX Sedan
By Rahul K.

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Great car when you run it on cruise. I recently bought one with 120k miles on it, very clean from inside, runs great, like the sunroof, cruise, spoiler on the back, nice handling etc. This car is not a racing car and takes time to pick up but once on the road and in D4 (auto)it runs smooth and no hiccups. I like the way the car handling, is there any room for improvement? yes! They could have made the seats a little more comfortable, lumbar support and power driver seat is a steal.It's not a luxury car but if you need a daily commuter or A to B this is the best deal.I got an avg of 27 mpg on highway with a speed of 70-80 mph and city around 24. Fabric- seats '94 held themselves really well.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, handling on the road, sun roof for 1994 :), fabric on the seats-high quality, no racing car but if put on cruise gives you that feel, having said that I don't beat it up. Still turns some head :-)

Suggested Improvements

Stronger A/C. More comfortable seats (I drove a 1998 honda accord- it was taken care in that. More engine power. Rear left side in the bumper and below gas chamber it's rusting and it's a known problem for Honda of those years. Paint started to peel off from places, rust proof (rust is a known problem)