Used 1994 Honda Accord DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellently built automobile.
By MiamiGal

1994 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have had my 1994 Honda Accord for 4 years, and yesterday, I traded it in at 181k miles (still running perfectly) for a 2007 Honda Civic. This accord was the best car I ever owned. I purchased it used as a car to get me through college, and it did that and so much more. It's great on gas and even after almost 16 years (car was built in 1993), still had no rattles, little road noise, and handles like a dream. The only reason I traded is because I wanted a newer car and fell in love with the new Civics. The 1994 is still running perfectly on the factory engine, transmission, and A/C!!! The best most reliable cars out there are Hondas! My '94 is more comfortable than a lot of brand new cars!

Handling! This car after 16 years still is incredibly comfortable to ride in with no rattles at all due to the excellent Honda build quality! The gas mileage is very good for a car of this size (I routinely got over 30 mpg in the city with the manual transmission).

Absolutely nothing. This car was and still is amazing even at 16 years old! It's roomy enough for 5 to ride comfortably and will last 250,000 miles if cared for on schedule.

An Absolute Champion
By dx_rocks

1994 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. First off, my history with it is important. It got me through high school and college, as well as six years delivering pizzas during that time. I treated my car about as bad as one could within reason. I was late with my maintenance, drove only 3 miles to school every day in Minnesota weather, and delivered pizzas, which is about as stop/go as it gets. It now has 220,000 on it and has barely had anything wrong with it. Given how poorly I've treated it, it's a wonder it's made it this far. I don't think I could get rid of it unless it started giving me persistent problems or something really expensive occurred. It still runs great though, so who knows how long it'll be.

Still gets great mileage (26-37, depending on conditions), Still rides smooth and runs great. A/C still works. Pretty fun to drive, and the manual shifter feels great to this day. Comfortable for everyone. Good style, not outdated. No creaks or clicks. GREAT in snow! Can beat it up if I want

Cup-holders please. It is a DX, so lack of cruise can get annoying. Some of those other features too. A little bit loud engine noise... I'm being picky. This car is GREAT. If you can get a well maintained one, don't hesitate. It might run longer than you want it to.

Perfect car in every sense of the word
By Liz

1994 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in August of last year with 135k. I've had some problems out of it (clutch repair, timing belt, oil gasket leak), but nothing unexpected of an 11 year old car. The car is absolutely the most fun car I've ever driven. I have the 4 cyl with a manual tranny, and it's got some serious pickup. I find myself out accelerating a lot of other cars at red lights. THis car is fantastic on long trips (seating is somewhat uncomfortable after a while) and runs so smoothly. The handling alone is worth the buy. I've had this car on the ice and snow, and it's performed beautifully!

Styling, handling, simplicity of the interior design, accessibility of things on interior, good headroom, AWESOME SPEAKERS!, tight steering, lots of window space, smooth ride, great on ice and snow

A/C is a little weak at times. I had an 89 civic with 225k, and that clutch lasted a lot longer than this one (170k). Seats are a bit uncomfortable on long trips, and I wish cruise were standard (no cruise in my car). Otherwise, the car is phenominal!

Almost loyal as a dog
By sparky

1994 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This has been a reliable car. Before I owned 2 Chevy Cavaliers (ugh), an Audi, a VW Golf, a Ford Escort (double ugh), and a Chevy Celebrity Wagon. Only the Audi and the Golf lasted longer; now at 108,000. However, the finish (white) lost its luster in the FL sun after a couple of years. Recently it wouldn't start within a couple of minutes of shutting off the engine, as when you get gas or are running errands. I just had to replace the master brake cylinder and now stops are bumpy and one setting of the AC doesn't work any more. In thinking about a new car, I wonder if any one that I can afford will hold up as well.

Comfortable, easy to maintain interior (still looks new). The fold down rear seat has come in handy a lot. Overall reliability.

They've probably done a lot in 8 years.

Almost loyal as a dog
By SPARKY

1994 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

They've probably done a lot in 8 years.