Used 1994 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
It Never Quits!
By hondafever

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car right here was purchased by my cousin back in 95 it's jet black with the spoiler which makes it look that much cooler. this car now has 374,000 miles and, still running strong it still rides on the original suspension,axles,struts. and the only thing that has went wrong recently was the radiator and, blower motor and thermostat also went out but what can you complain about? over 300,00 miles and, Just now giving minor problems I have to say this was the best accord ever made if you can get one go for it because they are worth every dime!

Favorite Features

sunroof,power drivers seat,interior layout.

Suggested Improvements

none

Makes a great first car.
By josh1189

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Accord EX 4 cyl auto in July 2007, with 91K miles on it, had it for 2.5 years and it was great. A few problems occured, like the A/C went out, I replaced the exhaust sytem, the battery and a couple tires. For a car of its age, I didn't think that was too bad. It ran wonderfully, never broke down and never stalled on me. Finally, though, in November of 2009, the heater core went out, causing a nasty mess of sticky smog to enter the car through the air vents, so I couldn't turn on the heat...during the winter, it was NOT fun. So, since the repair would have cost me over $1,000, I had to sell it. It was just too much. Overall, it was a great car and I highly reccommend it!

Favorite Features

Styling, sunroof, alloy wheels, decent sound system for stock, reliability, fantastic fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

None.

AMAZING
By jdmbaby

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my honda, i have had it for 6 years, and it now has over 465k miles and only have had to do routine maintenance and minor things, never had a problem. Still runs and drives great has ice cold ac and still shifts and runs just like it did when i got it 6 years ago. I love taking it to the mountains and taking it camping and it has just always been a great family car. I will never trade it in no matter what... i will drive the car till it dies, then just install another motor once it does die, i always recommend Honda! I love my Honda!

Favorite Features

Power windows, Power locks, great stereo, fuel efficient, cold ac, cheap repairs and maintenance. Just overall a great car. I wash it about once a month and paint still is immaculate and just all around an amazing car.

Suggested Improvements

Cant think of anything that could be better... never have had problems or anything so i love it the way it is!

1994 Accord - still running strong ...
By lneller

1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1994 Accord LX coupe in November 2005. At the time, it had 177,000 miles on it - just getting broken in for a Honda. Had no hesitation about buying it. I kept it for 4 years, until I moved to Hawaii. In the 4 years that I had it, I had little problems. I burned the clutch up (I was new to 5 spds). I got some new brakes. I did have to replace the engine at about 220K (it was about $1000). That was about it. I sold it to my ex-boyfriend, who drove it for 2 more years until selling it. It was still running strong (and will do so for a while). Loved this car!!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage Ride Reliability Value Cost of maintenance

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm?? None.

Mine must be a lemon??
By jsalter

1994 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I'm not sure what everyone else is raving about regarding how great and reliable this car is, because mine has been quite the opposite. I bought mine in 2007 with 98k miles on it from a friend who had just replaced the timing belt. Still, over the past 5 years, I have replaced more things on this car than I ever have on any of my other vehicles I've ever owned. I've owned 3 Hondas in the 90s, 2 Toyotas in the 90s, 2 Nissans 80s, a Volvo 90s, and a Pontiac 80s. This was the worst car out of all of them.

Favorite Features

One of the my main problems with this car is the difficulty in repairs. For example, when you need to replace the brake pads, it's good to turn the rotors. However, with this car, you need a special tool to remove the rotors and so if you take it to a shop, they charge you extra for this. This car is by far the most difficult I've ever worked on myself in doing simple mainenance. Everything is very compact in the engine and hard to reach. If you don't have tools that can bend and go around obstacles, you either need to take off many other things to get to the problem, or take it to someone and pay more in labor charges.

Suggested Improvements

This was the 1st year Honda changed the design of the Accord and I have promised myself never to buy another car again that is a first design. Let them sort out the kinks first and fix the issues. I've spent more hours and money on this car with more headaches than I can account for. My wife drives a 2000 Accord and it's so much easier to work on and without nearly the amount of problems I have had. And sadly, my car has less mileage and wear on it than hers. She still would like to stay with the Honda brand. But after this Honda, I may be going elsewhere.