Used 1994 Honda Accord EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

1994 Accord EX 5sp coupe.
By ejohn1

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought my EX 2 door in Feb 2012, it had 38k on it, was garaged and babied at the dealership so it was like new...and 9 months later I still love the thing. Mileage, comfort and ride/handling along with reliability and durability were why I choose this particular year and model and so far, 10k miles or so, the car does not disappoint. I thought it would be too small and slow for a 6'+ 230 lb guy who prefers roomy musclecars but while it's almost too small for me...it's ok even on long trips and the acceleration is'nt too bad either. I put on a set of Continental Pro Contact Eco Plus which gave it a confident feel plus a new stereo head so...I'm happy as hell driving it. I'd buy it again

What I like the most is the common sense and user-friendly design of the car which shows up in all the little ways...that and the logevity of it's components. The car is quick enough for me, it's agile and brakes well even in emergency which suprised me...had to go from 75 to 0 in a hurry and it was easily controlled. The car has a confident feel about it, it handles well...not super tight but close. The Vtec ups the horsepower at 2,500 rpm so that helps acceleration. The ride is nice and quiet enuf for me. MPG is great...my best highway is 32 so far but I drive fast, intown it's probably 26 but again I like fast. A/C kicks, heat is good, windows/roof good, great trans and shifter. Very fun!

Back seat leg-room is lacking and trunk opening is small. Front window fogs often when raining or super humid and front window defroster only works well if the a/c is working to dry out the air. On the coupe, the inside light switch is hard to reach overhead, the seatbelts don't retract after use very well and get stuck in the door when closing. The a/c condensor housing drain outlet is prone to clogging from leaf debris causing water to collect and eventually spill out of the air vents. Exhaust has a wierd vibration at 2k RPM due to a funky factory manifold gasket . These are all minor complaints and easily tolerated and/or fixed...except for the physical dimensions. Great car all in all.

Awesome Accord
By energysamus

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love this car. I received it w/180,000 miles on it and it works great. Being a Honda, what else could you expect?

Very good quality in exterior and interior build. Definitely not ugly at all, even by today's standards. Dashboard gauges are well organized. Brake and Acceleration pedals are perfectly calibrated for the way I drive (the acc pedal has a 'hard' push to it, something I really like). Automatic handling is smooth.

Interior is bland and somewhat ugly (with wooden panels on mine), yet the simplicity is great in terms of organization of controls. ABS actually stopped working on this car within 3 years of original purchase. My EX model should have come with a factory security system... It was made in 1994, not 1984.

My best car ever
By reg,s honda

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have 210,000 miles. Bought new and has given great service. Paint still good. Replaced radiator, transmission. Changed oil every 5000 miles. Still has original suspension. Air works great. Interior like new. Engine sounds and runs great. Good on tire mileage. I look forward to driving it till it quits.

Drives good,dependable,and still blends in with newer cars of today.

Keyless entry.

Good economy choice
By zaum88

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a commuter car. It's essentially a nicely styled economy car. The 4 cylinder VTEC is decent in power (compared to other 4 cylinders from this era), but it's no racecar (as many people like to drive these like one). The interior isn't all that comfortable. The controls are well laid out, with a huge backseat as far as coupes go. The interior benefits from this generation's extra width; I've owned an 89 Accord LX-i in the past and this comes across as quite spacious in comparison. Large trunk, well laid out engine compartment. Good mileage (I get around 28 but I drive mostly highway), fairly reliable. Rusts like crazy so keep the body clean.

The exterior design STILL looks modern. People can't believe this car was designed in '94. Nice control lay-out. More spacious than previous Accords. Good road visibility.

The body panels rust so easily and the seats aren't comfortable. Some interior controls look plain cheap and toy-like. Seat belts tend to stretch horribly over time and get stuck in the doors (in the coupe). Auto trans shifts about 10x harder than it need to and searches for gears a lot, buy manual.

One of the best cars ever!
By richard

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 94 Accord ex from my Buddy for $600 it came to around $750ish with title fees and whatnot, the car has 188k and runs like it's brand new, I need need to do minor work to make this car purrfect, I order new headers cause 14+ year old headers are rusted and make a funny noise. I just bought new headlights, spark plugs, & a fuel filter one I get those installed I plan on keeping this car running for another 100k

V_TEC w/ a 5speed. all I'm saying is 5th gear cruising at 1,500 rpm getting about 40+ MPG beat that hybrids

Keep up the good work Honda!