1994 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
1994 Accord EX 5sp coupe.
By ejohn1 on 12/17/12 23:34 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought my EX 2 door in Feb 2012, it had 38k on it, was garaged and babied at the dealership so it was like new...and 9 months later I still love the thing. Mileage, comfort and ride/handling along with reliability and durability were why I choose this particular year and model and so far, 10k miles or so, the car does not disappoint. I thought it would be too small and slow for a 6'+ 230 lb guy who prefers roomy musclecars but while it's almost too small for me...it's ok even on long trips and the acceleration is'nt too bad either. I put on a set of Continental Pro Contact Eco Plus which gave it a confident feel plus a new stereo head so...I'm happy as hell driving it. I'd buy it again

Awesome Accord
By energysamus on 05/10/11 15:33 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love this car. I received it w/180,000 miles on it and it works great. Being a Honda, what else could you expect?

My best car ever
By reg,s honda on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have 210,000 miles. Bought new and has given great service. Paint still good. Replaced radiator, transmission. Changed oil every 5000 miles. Still has original suspension. Air works great. Interior like new. Engine sounds and runs great. Good on tire mileage. I look forward to driving it till it quits.

Good economy choice
By zaum88 on 11/18/08 18:38 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a commuter car. It's essentially a nicely styled economy car. The 4 cylinder VTEC is decent in power (compared to other 4 cylinders from this era), but it's no racecar (as many people like to drive these like one). The interior isn't all that comfortable. The controls are well laid out, with a huge backseat as far as coupes go. The interior benefits from this generation's extra width; I've owned an 89 Accord LX-i in the past and this comes across as quite spacious in comparison. Large trunk, well laid out engine compartment. Good mileage (I get around 28 but I drive mostly highway), fairly reliable. Rusts like crazy so keep the body clean.

One of the best cars ever!
By richard on 05/02/08 23:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 94 Accord ex from my Buddy for $600 it came to around $750ish with title fees and whatnot, the car has 188k and runs like it's brand new, I need need to do minor work to make this car purrfect, I order new headers cause 14+ year old headers are rusted and make a funny noise. I just bought new headlights, spark plugs, & a fuel filter one I get those installed I plan on keeping this car running for another 100k

Quick and fun to dirve
By Defcon on 11/01/07 19:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

There have been no problems. I purchased the car off my neighbor, he was the second owner. He owned it for 3 years now it is my turn to fly around in this little car. I love it. It is quick, and handles great.

Great Car
By Chris on 05/15/07 22:41 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I loved this car. Someone ran into me and totaled it, otherwise I would still have it for a long time. When it was totaled it had 175,000 miles on it. Never had anything break on it. The ABS light was on and needed a new computer.

Best Car I've Owned
By Jabez on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with 221k miles on it. Previous owner had done nothing but std maint (tires, brakes, exhaust, tune-up, t-belt). I have put 23k more on it with only brakes and an alignment. Still the original clutch, struts, water pump, etc. with 239k miles...almost unbelievable?! Everything still works on the car (AC, all electric, etc.), and it does not have any rattles (even after a front end accident by previous owner). Doesn't use a drop of oil between changes, and I don't drive this car very easy. By far the best car I have owned, with my Maxima being very close behind. Get a well maintained used one, and don't be afraid of high miles

Not Bad... owes me nothing
By tommy10987 on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

My main complaint with the '94 Honda is the rust problems with the rear wheel wells. However, I just decided to put some $$$ into fixing the rust since the car has been pretty reliable overall, and actually felt as fun to drive than a new one! In the 7 years I have owned it, have had two oil leaks (one reimbursed later due to recall), and have had to replace both window motors, clutch slave cylinder, and A/C condenser. Removed heat shield to get rid of the silly noise. Currently, the right door actuator keeps making a noise, the hood doesn't shut well, and in really hot humid weather sometimes doesn't start the first time.

Mr. Reliable
By Happy Accord owner on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I've had this Honda for 5 years and added over 80,000 miles to its initial 59,000. Other than routine maintenance, the car has never had a problem starting or running--and working 80 hrs/week at all times of day/night in snow-country, I needed reliability! Gives an average of 24 MPG in highway with stop/go traffic. Reasonable acceleration (I have a V4), still looks sporty in 2004! Very smooth. Because of it I will always be a Honda fan.