1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Makes a great first car.
By josh1189 on 10/18/12 11:09 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Accord EX 4 cyl auto in July 2007, with 91K miles on it, had it for 2.5 years and it was great. A few problems occured, like the A/C went out, I replaced the exhaust sytem, the battery and a couple tires. For a car of its age, I didn't think that was too bad. It ran wonderfully, never broke down and never stalled on me. Finally, though, in November of 2009, the heater core went out, causing a nasty mess of sticky smog to enter the car through the air vents, so I couldn't turn on the heat...during the winter, it was NOT fun. So, since the repair would have cost me over $1,000, I had to sell it. It was just too much. Overall, it was a great car and I highly reccommend it!

It Never Quits!
By hondafever on 02/15/12 13:48 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car right here was purchased by my cousin back in 95 it's jet black with the spoiler which makes it look that much cooler. this car now has 374,000 miles and, still running strong it still rides on the original suspension,axles,struts. and the only thing that has went wrong recently was the radiator and, blower motor and thermostat also went out but what can you complain about? over 300,00 miles and, Just now giving minor problems I have to say this was the best accord ever made if you can get one go for it because they are worth every dime!

Mine must be a lemon??
By jsalter on 02/10/12 08:55 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I'm not sure what everyone else is raving about regarding how great and reliable this car is, because mine has been quite the opposite. I bought mine in 2007 with 98k miles on it from a friend who had just replaced the timing belt. Still, over the past 5 years, I have replaced more things on this car than I ever have on any of my other vehicles I've ever owned. I've owned 3 Hondas in the 90s, 2 Toyotas in the 90s, 2 Nissans 80s, a Volvo 90s, and a Pontiac 80s. This was the worst car out of all of them.

Super HONDA
By nando on 05/26/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I got my 1994 Accord on auction, it had 132,000 miles on it at the time, now the engine gave out due to a busted heater hose, I ran it hot, it had 482,000 miles on it, this baby just kept on ticking. This was my second 94 Honda, my first had 413,000 miles, then I donated it. They had a 4 cyl, great pick-up, and about 35 mpg, and smooth to drive, Honda lover forever.

1994 Honda Accord EX Sedan
By Rahul K. on 05/20/10 11:44 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Great car when you run it on cruise. I recently bought one with 120k miles on it, very clean from inside, runs great, like the sunroof, cruise, spoiler on the back, nice handling etc. This car is not a racing car and takes time to pick up but once on the road and in D4 (auto)it runs smooth and no hiccups. I like the way the car handling, is there any room for improvement? yes! They could have made the seats a little more comfortable, lumbar support and power driver seat is a steal.It's not a luxury car but if you need a daily commuter or A to B this is the best deal.I got an avg of 27 mpg on highway with a speed of 70-80 mph and city around 24. Fabric- seats '94 held themselves really well.

Trying to get one more.
By Sakar on 05/13/10 13:28 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought in 1999 with 65K miles. The odometer stopped on 259K, Tried to fix it so I can drive up to 300K. Engine is still running good, but the rust killing it, Patched it, passed the inspection. The clutch is original and no sign to give up. Starter has been replace 3 times and Exhaust 5 times, radiator 2 times and timing belt 2 times. Many many times the calipers and one time the rotors. Now you figure out the durability and performance of this car. People are ready to by it for 500. Wanna ride a car for long, you need to know little work too otherwise it may not be worth of keeping over 15 years. Feel sorry not able to put 300K miles and take a pictures, because it stopped.

Sad to see it go.
By Me on 04/20/10 15:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 70k miles 10 years ago, now time to upgrade it. If you're looking for a good budget car - assuming it's been maintained well - then you should consider this car. No major problems during ownership, standard maintenance, did rebuild trans, but wow, still kicking after all this time, and I'm hard on it.

Love it after all these years!!!!!!
By tom on 05/14/09 15:07 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I keep my Honda mostly in the garage, as I am a commuter to a large city on a train that is walking distance. But my Accord, now 15 years old with 83K miles, still looks new, and runs new as well. I love it!! So much so that my wife thinks I'm a little crazy. But I still think that it is a good looking car, and has just enough options that it is simple, not complicated like newer models today. I will grow old with this one, and let my wife have the new SUV every four years.

220k miles
By 220k Miles on 03/30/09 16:13 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

After 20 years of buying new American cars, I could no longer afford a car payment. I purchased a 1994 Accord EX 5-sp with 217k miles for $1800.00. I spent $41.00 on a used tail light and touch-up paint. The car passed CA emissions with flying colors, and I drive it over 100 miles every day. It drives like I took it off the showroom floor. My last car was a new Chrysler SUV that cost 41k, and was on its 3rd transmission at 107k miles. I wish I had discovered Hondas sooner.

Fun spelled w/ 5 letters: Honda
By d.k on 12/19/08 17:36 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I own a 94 Accord EX 4 door automatic. This was my first car I've ever owned, and it will be the last car I ever own because I'm not getting rid of this thing for any reason. The engine is the most reliable thing on the earth. It fires up with no problem. I've tried to kill the engine before, but I found it impossible (I can't say the same thing about the trans because I'm on my 3rd one). It is a very slick looking car. Mine is red with aftermarket headlights and an oem rear wing spoiler. The stock rims look nice and sporty (thou they could be bigger) the car get great gas mileage. And the best part: VTEC!! It's not a super fast car, but it's not a super slow one either.