1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Excellently built automobile.
By MiamiGal on 01/01/09 10:05 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I have had my 1994 Honda Accord for 4 years, and yesterday, I traded it in at 181k miles (still running perfectly) for a 2007 Honda Civic. This accord was the best car I ever owned. I purchased it used as a car to get me through college, and it did that and so much more. It's great on gas and even after almost 16 years (car was built in 1993), still had no rattles, little road noise, and handles like a dream. The only reason I traded is because I wanted a newer car and fell in love with the new Civics. The 1994 is still running perfectly on the factory engine, transmission, and A/C!!! The best most reliable cars out there are Hondas! My '94 is more comfortable than a lot of brand new cars!

An Absolute Champion
By dx_rocks on 03/18/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. First off, my history with it is important. It got me through high school and college, as well as six years delivering pizzas during that time. I treated my car about as bad as one could within reason. I was late with my maintenance, drove only 3 miles to school every day in Minnesota weather, and delivered pizzas, which is about as stop/go as it gets. It now has 220,000 on it and has barely had anything wrong with it. Given how poorly I've treated it, it's a wonder it's made it this far. I don't think I could get rid of it unless it started giving me persistent problems or something really expensive occurred. It still runs great though, so who knows how long it'll be.

Perfect car in every sense of the word
By Liz on 07/14/05 10:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in August of last year with 135k. I've had some problems out of it (clutch repair, timing belt, oil gasket leak), but nothing unexpected of an 11 year old car. The car is absolutely the most fun car I've ever driven. I have the 4 cyl with a manual tranny, and it's got some serious pickup. I find myself out accelerating a lot of other cars at red lights. THis car is fantastic on long trips (seating is somewhat uncomfortable after a while) and runs so smoothly. The handling alone is worth the buy. I've had this car on the ice and snow, and it's performed beautifully!

Almost loyal as a dog
By SPARKY on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This has been a reliable car. Before I owned 2 Chevy Cavaliers (ugh), an Audi, a VW Golf, a Ford Escort (double ugh), and a Chevy Celebrity Wagon. Only the Audi and the Golf lasted longer; now at 108,000. However, the finish (white) lost its luster in the FL sun after a couple of years. Recently it wouldn't start within a couple of minutes of shutting off the engine, as when you get gas or are running errands. I just had to replace the master brake cylinder and now stops are bumpy and one setting of the AC doesn't work any more. In thinking about a new car, I wonder if any one that I can afford will hold up as well.

Almost loyal as a dog
By sparky on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

How much do you like vanilla?
By proxl on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought my 94 DX 4dr. new, now have 74K mi. Reliability good -- would be excellent if it weren't for Y2K. That year, the door handle broke off on an icy day; the starter quit; and oil seal leak nearly killed it forever. Honda recalled for that problem in 2001, but it took American Honda about 8 months to reimburse me for my repair. Reasonably comfortable, good mileage. Too reliable, though. It's so deadly dull that I'd love to trade it in for something that doesn't scream "Daddy car!", but I can't justify a new car payment when this will probably last another 100K.