Used 1994 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sally's one and only car
By Sally Timmins

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for 21years and had little trouble with it. I take good care of it, It gets waxed at least once a year. I bought it new for 20,100.00
It is a Honda accord 4 door xl, It is white and never repainted.
Timing belt has been changed twice. I had the muffler replaced in 2001 by Midas and recently had the muffler replaced again in 2015,
Was charged only for labor. It's a good running car and had little trouble with it all these years.
I have 157000 miles on it and it still runs good. Had the air conditioner fluid, recharged a/c is great.
My children and grandchildren have driven it from time to time.
I wouldn't trade it , I am hoping and waiting to get to 25 years .

Where's the quality?
By hondoman45

1994 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

Almost six years ago I wrote a review here that was pretty positive about the Accord.
Now, with years of ownership, I can state this isn't a car that can compare with Toyota.
It is far inferior as my Accord has needed a head gasket repair, numerous suspension repairs, frequent alignments, electrical gremlins that have plagued it, and it still has issues every couple of months that are costly to fix.
I keep thinking it will stop having problems but it just continues on...My four Celicas combined have not had the issues of my one Accord.
I take great care of my cars and now question the quality of Honda.
This car gets a failing grade.
Update on 6/21/21016: Sold this heap to somebody who believed in Honda quality. Glad to be rid of it.

1994 Accord EX 5sp coupe.
By ejohn1

1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Bought my EX 2 door in Feb 2012, it had 38k on it, was garaged and babied at the dealership so it was like new...and 9 months later I still love the thing. Mileage, comfort and ride/handling along with reliability and durability were why I choose this particular year and model and so far, 10k miles or so, the car does not disappoint. I thought it would be too small and slow for a 6'+ 230 lb guy who prefers roomy musclecars but while it's almost too small for me...it's ok even on long trips and the acceleration is'nt too bad either. I put on a set of Continental Pro Contact Eco Plus which gave it a confident feel plus a new stereo head so...I'm happy as hell driving it. I'd buy it again

What I like the most is the common sense and user-friendly design of the car which shows up in all the little ways...that and the logevity of it's components. The car is quick enough for me, it's agile and brakes well even in emergency which suprised me...had to go from 75 to 0 in a hurry and it was easily controlled. The car has a confident feel about it, it handles well...not super tight but close. The Vtec ups the horsepower at 2,500 rpm so that helps acceleration. The ride is nice and quiet enuf for me. MPG is great...my best highway is 32 so far but I drive fast, intown it's probably 26 but again I like fast. A/C kicks, heat is good, windows/roof good, great trans and shifter. Very fun!

Back seat leg-room is lacking and trunk opening is small. Front window fogs often when raining or super humid and front window defroster only works well if the a/c is working to dry out the air. On the coupe, the inside light switch is hard to reach overhead, the seatbelts don't retract after use very well and get stuck in the door when closing. The a/c condensor housing drain outlet is prone to clogging from leaf debris causing water to collect and eventually spill out of the air vents. Exhaust has a wierd vibration at 2k RPM due to a funky factory manifold gasket . These are all minor complaints and easily tolerated and/or fixed...except for the physical dimensions. Great car all in all.

Makes a great first car.
By josh1189

1994 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Accord EX 4 cyl auto in July 2007, with 91K miles on it, had it for 2.5 years and it was great. A few problems occured, like the A/C went out, I replaced the exhaust sytem, the battery and a couple tires. For a car of its age, I didn't think that was too bad. It ran wonderfully, never broke down and never stalled on me. Finally, though, in November of 2009, the heater core went out, causing a nasty mess of sticky smog to enter the car through the air vents, so I couldn't turn on the heat...during the winter, it was NOT fun. So, since the repair would have cost me over $1,000, I had to sell it. It was just too much. Overall, it was a great car and I highly reccommend it!

Styling, sunroof, alloy wheels, decent sound system for stock, reliability, fantastic fuel economy.

None.

AMAZING
By jdmbaby

1994 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I love my honda, i have had it for 6 years, and it now has over 465k miles and only have had to do routine maintenance
and minor things, never had a problem. Still runs and drives great has ice cold ac and still shifts and runs just like it did when i got it 6 years ago. I love taking it to the mountains and taking it camping and it has just always been a great family car. I will never trade it in no matter what... i will drive the car till it dies, then just install another motor once it does die, i always recommend Honda! I love my Honda!

Power windows, Power locks, great stereo, fuel efficient, cold ac, cheap repairs and maintenance. Just overall a great car. I wash it about once a month and paint still is immaculate and just all around an amazing car.

Cant think of anything that could be better... never have had problems or anything so i love it the way it is!