1993 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Best car I'll ever own

1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best car I'll ever own
By eric on

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Rock solid, bullet proof reliability! 227,000 miles and counting, I drive it every day, and love it every day. Original clutch, exhaust, interior perfect, nothing ever breaks on this car (the left headlamp bulb was installed at the factory, and is still there after 17 years!). Not true, the power antenna breaks due to the high heat in Arizona, but I'll forgive this wonderful gem of a car. I cannot praise Honda enough for this car and can't wait till they introduce another one like it. After all, it has to wear out someday, doesn't it?

Engine still very strong at 227,000 miles, gets 30 mpg on the highway regardless of load. Interior still looks like the day I bought it in '93. Only now, after all these years and miles, is it starting, just starting, to show a little age!

The only thing Honda could do would be to bring back this car. The Crosstour is OK, but has less room. The upcoming TSX Sport Wagon will be nice, but the one drawback to the 4 cylinder engine is lack of torque. Put a six in the TSX SW, and I'll buy it. Or the European diesel, with its torque will do