1993 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Honda's New Car - The Honda Le

1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Honda's New Car - The Honda Lemon
By awright1701 on

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2001 with 46,000 miles. In 1 1/2 years, I increased the mileage to 90,400. I went thru the following in a span of 3-4 mths: Radiator replaced, timing belt & water pump replaced(I can understand about timing belt & water pump); new valve-covered gasket. The transmission dropped. Yes, a Honda transmission failed. Can you believe it?! I rebuilt the transmission & replaced oil-covered gasket. I think the car just sat & sat during its first 8 yrs. without anyone changing the fluids or driving it much. 3-4 mths. & $3000 later, I think I have rebuilt a new car, but I have renamed this 1993 Honda Accord a 2002 Honda Lemon.

Comfortable seating, good leg room, powerful engine, nice trunk space, good gas mileage, easily-read dashboard. All in all, this is a good car....if you do not get a lemon.

My advice - Never buy ANY car with mileage less than 50,000 that is 6 or more years old.