1993 Honda Accord Consumer Review: A Little Disappointed

1993 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Review

A Little Disappointed
By C Csada on

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car (my first Honda) used with about 84,000 miles. 2 months later I had to do the head gasket because, followed my the flex pipe on the exhaust. 8 months later and 100,000 miles oil sending unit, oil pan gasket and now my water pump is starting to leak. I also have a front tire shimmy when braking, a transmission mount that needs to be replaced and my clutch shudders in the morning. I bought because of Honda reliablity but know I can honestly say that I'm not so impressed. I've owned Chev, Ford and Chrysler products so far my accord is no better than them. Good thing for high resale value.

Excellent visibility, good solid ride, peppy engine, excellent gas milage, smooth shifting and good fit and finish.

More comfortable seats, they seem a little hard for long drives (4-6 hours) Poor body panels rust way to fast. Parts are expensive. A little to much hype about Honda out there. Decent car but by far not the best.