1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car
By ryguy on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car four months ago and it is simply the best!! I upgraded from a little Honda Civic to a more powerful Accord. I am very happy with the power that is has! I am also VERY happy with the very low maintenence on the engine! I have NO rust and is still going strong. I am very glad I have a Honda as my parents are having with their 96 Windstar that just hit 100k!! (the problems are here!!!) I have and I will always say: Ford should learn from the Japanese to get the product right, THE FIRST TIME!!

11 great years
By nanook on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and got 202,000 miles before the tranny blew. Low maintenance costs throughout. Change the oil and it just keeps on going. I drive hard commuter miles and got my money's worth and then some.

225,000 miles & tearing up the highway
By Lumberjack98 on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I run my cars hard with no mercy and this car is awesome like all the Honda's I've owned! 225,000 miles and still tickin'. It'll still cruise at 80 mph for hours without worry.

Can't complain
By RandyZ on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this Ex, 4 door with 67,000 miles on it in 97. gas milage 25-26 mpg around Houston, I've got 227,000 miles on it now, nice road feel, better cloth interior than the 2003 accord. 300,000 miles? no prob. change the timing belt ever 90,000, oil every 4,000, use mobil one synthetic.

Jakes 1993 Accord EX
By jon&virgil on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new and I am now selling it because my family has out grown the sporty accord. I would tell anyone who is looking for a good dependable sharp car to look for this year model. I have NEVER had a days trouble......I hate I must sell it......

Honda's New Car - The Honda Lemon
By awright1701 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2001 with 46,000 miles. In 1 1/2 years, I increased the mileage to 90,400. I went thru the following in a span of 3-4 mths: Radiator replaced, timing belt & water pump replaced(I can understand about timing belt & water pump); new valve-covered gasket. The transmission dropped. Yes, a Honda transmission failed. Can you believe it?! I rebuilt the transmission & replaced oil-covered gasket. I think the car just sat & sat during its first 8 yrs. without anyone changing the fluids or driving it much. 3-4 mths. & $3000 later, I think I have rebuilt a new car, but I have renamed this 1993 Honda Accord a 2002 Honda Lemon.

Cheap & Reliable
By afan on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Nothing to recommend it except that it is incredibly reliable and costs next to nothing to run. Comfort, handling, features all pretty mundane. Like any good appliance, it does all you want to to do, but is not in any way memorable. Maybe that's what a car should be. I've had this since new (wife's car) and it now has 188,000 miles. Never failed to start. Never quit. Not a dime spent on anything but routine maintenance(and not much of that...tires last 90,000 miles, still have original struts,etc) except for one flat tire and a brakelight bulb.

A Little Disappointed
By C Csada on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car (my first Honda) used with about 84,000 miles. 2 months later I had to do the head gasket because, followed my the flex pipe on the exhaust. 8 months later and 100,000 miles oil sending unit, oil pan gasket and now my water pump is starting to leak. I also have a front tire shimmy when braking, a transmission mount that needs to be replaced and my clutch shudders in the morning. I bought because of Honda reliablity but know I can honestly say that I'm not so impressed. I've owned Chev, Ford and Chrysler products so far my accord is no better than them. Good thing for high resale value.

Great car
By dub on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This was the first thing I bought when I finished college. I still have the car today, and it still runs great. You just follow the recommended Honda maintenance scheule, and you get no problems. I've had to replace the battery, a couple of lights, and the muffler. Great car.

I love the hondas!
By mikey4470 on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Because of my history with my last accord and because of the reputation of Hondas in general I decided to stick with Honda for my next car. I think i got a good deal on it, i paid 5,400 from a dealer and the car has 119,000 miles on it. The dealer also put a new paintjob on it, replaced the timing belt/water pump, and about $600 in other improvements. The interior is perfect. My car also came with a kick- butt stereo system which included 2 10" subs and a graphic equilizer! I am very happy with my purchase and will stay loyal to hondas no doubt! An absolute pleasure to drive!