1993 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
11 great years
By nanook on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and got 202,000 miles before the tranny blew. Low maintenance costs throughout. Change the oil and it just keeps on going. I drive hard commuter miles and got my money's worth and then some.

225,000 miles & tearing up the highway
By Lumberjack98 on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I run my cars hard with no mercy and this car is awesome like all the Honda's I've owned! 225,000 miles and still tickin'. It'll still cruise at 80 mph for hours without worry.

Can't complain
By RandyZ on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this Ex, 4 door with 67,000 miles on it in 97. gas milage 25-26 mpg around Houston, I've got 227,000 miles on it now, nice road feel, better cloth interior than the 2003 accord. 300,000 miles? no prob. change the timing belt ever 90,000, oil every 4,000, use mobil one synthetic.

Honda's New Car - The Honda Lemon
By awright1701 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2001 with 46,000 miles. In 1 1/2 years, I increased the mileage to 90,400. I went thru the following in a span of 3-4 mths: Radiator replaced, timing belt & water pump replaced(I can understand about timing belt & water pump); new valve-covered gasket. The transmission dropped. Yes, a Honda transmission failed. Can you believe it?! I rebuilt the transmission & replaced oil-covered gasket. I think the car just sat & sat during its first 8 yrs. without anyone changing the fluids or driving it much. 3-4 mths. & $3000 later, I think I have rebuilt a new car, but I have renamed this 1993 Honda Accord a 2002 Honda Lemon.

Cheap & Reliable
By afan on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Nothing to recommend it except that it is incredibly reliable and costs next to nothing to run. Comfort, handling, features all pretty mundane. Like any good appliance, it does all you want to to do, but is not in any way memorable. Maybe that's what a car should be. I've had this since new (wife's car) and it now has 188,000 miles. Never failed to start. Never quit. Not a dime spent on anything but routine maintenance(and not much of that...tires last 90,000 miles, still have original struts,etc) except for one flat tire and a brakelight bulb.

I love the hondas!
By mikey4470 on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Because of my history with my last accord and because of the reputation of Hondas in general I decided to stick with Honda for my next car. I think i got a good deal on it, i paid 5,400 from a dealer and the car has 119,000 miles on it. The dealer also put a new paintjob on it, replaced the timing belt/water pump, and about $600 in other improvements. The interior is perfect. My car also came with a kick- butt stereo system which included 2 10" subs and a graphic equilizer! I am very happy with my purchase and will stay loyal to hondas no doubt! An absolute pleasure to drive!

Great Car!
By HonDaLuVeR on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! Looks good, runs smooth, good mileage... Ive had the car for about 6 months now and Ive had people making me offers for more than what I paid for her. I see a LOT of 3rd and 4th gen accords on the road where I live so I know she'll probably last a while. The factory stereo and speakers dont sound too hot but once you put a nice system in there she's perfect.

Great car!
By Honda lover on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Bought a 93 Accord SE sedan in April, 2002 with 90K miles on it. It now has 101K and rides and looks great! And the resale value is unreal. Think hard before you buy another American car! This one should last a long time.

Best OLD car I've ever owned!
By cheeze_head on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this 6 year-old from a dealership back in 1999 w/ 43K miles on it. Now, it's at 85K. Got a great deal with my 91 Accord EX trade-in. Ever since, I just love the car. Got all the features that most cars today don't have as standard...e.g. leather, Bose, dual airbags, ABS, moonroof, CD- changer, etc...Had no mechanical problems except the "MAIN RELAY --> NO START" problem. But I fixed that. Gives great gas mileage on the freeway, performs well, especially with strut- bar. I still think this is Honda's best built car.

Great Factory Stereo , Great 1st Car!!!
By Chad C on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in Plano, TX of April 2001. I bought it off this guy who said a customer of his had abandoned it. 1993 Accord EX Sedan, Black w/ Beige Leather, Sunroof, Factory Alarm, Factory Alloys, Factory AM/FM/CD/Cass Stereo. When I bought the car, the radio had to be programmed because the battery had been disconnected. So for about 8 months, i used nothing but the CD player, and it has just recently began to skip and deteriorate. Oh well, it has a very, very nice sound system for factory speckers. The leather on the door panels is slowly coming loose, showing the original beige cloth in the door insert.