Used 1993 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Pros
By aloysius

1993 Honda Accord Sedan 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new for my wife. (and me too) traded in 1988 century. Bummer. Have had wonderful luck with it. Expensive to recharge A/C but worth. Thinking of trading in for 2005 Odyssey. Seating kinda low making getting out uncomfortable. Engine purrs like a kitten.

Holds its value.

More comfortable seating.

"My Baby"
By Eccentricity84

1993 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I am a junior in college and my parents bought this car in 2002 as a high school graduation present. I LUV my car! I will drive this car until it won't move and the way it runs at 123,000 miles, that may be a long time from now. It gets regular services and the only thing extra I've had to do was to replace a CV axle last year. It cost about five hundred dollars and on average, including services, i spend about $600 a year on upkeep. Better than $600/month on a piece of junk. Don't sit there, go buy one now!

Picks up speed quickly. Maneuverability, cheap, ultra-reliable.

Fix the door handle everyone is talking about. My driver's window is stuck too.But at least my air works and the car starts up.

May 93 Accord
By Irishdude

1993 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned Honda vehicles for some 20 years. I have had very few issues which would make me consider changing brands. The only issue I consistently had to address is the air conditioner compresor failures which required an approximate $1000 replacement cost. My 1993 Accord LX has had 3 replacements since I purchased the car.

I've enjoyed the room and comfort of this vehicle. In addition, I like the smooth ride and control.

More reliable Air Conditioning system.

My first car
By teenager

1993 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord just a few months ago. It has been great. Its my first car and I love it. I had issues with the alternator and car starting and electrical stuff. We replaced the battery and the alternator to no avail. When we got it looked at, it turns out that the previous owner replaced the alternator belt on incorrectly, and now it is perfect. I love the gas mileage...300 miles per fill-up! A great first car. Its got 92,000 miles and is still going strong!

Mine came with an after-market stereo, which I love. I also love the smooth drive. It's so much fun to drive...my parents are envious.

The cup holders are awful (not a big problem) and the temp control knobs are very stiff. My AC doesn't work, but its 11 years old, what do you expect?

What a Great Car!
By grabber_1965

1993 Honda Accord Sedan 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for over 9 years and have put over 140,000 miles since purchase. It always starts, always runs well, and even with over 160,000 total miles on the car, there are still no rattles or squeaks! Only 1 expensive repair for the ABS computer chip, but it was covered under the warranty. Didn't have to replace the alternator until 130K miles. This car has proven Honda reliablility to me. It still runs quiet, never stalls in cold weather, and gets excellent traction in the snow. With normal maintenance, I still get over 27 miles per gallon.

Exceptional reliability, great pickup and highway power. Fold down rear seat

Doesn't need any.