Used 1993 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1993 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Big Disappointment
By Paul

1993 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

Reasonably comfortable. Fairly quiet. Not much fun to drive. Very expensive to own. It gets 19/24 mpg. This for a 2.2 4-cylinder is ridiculous. Parts for this car are surprisingly costly. For instance, most car manufacturers will use two formed-rubber hoses (~$20) for the cooling system. Honda uses somewhere around 10, making the hoses alone ~$80. Another example: Honda designed the front brakes such that you must re-build the entire front-end to replace the rotors (a very high wear item). Other manufacturers keep the rotors on this two small screws. This makes a ~$200 repair closer to $800. Big disappointment overall. As the cost of ownership is equal, I'm selling this and buying a BMW.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, leather seats, big windows and great visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Nasty blind spot over driver's left shoulder. Car is waaaaaay too expensive to own. If I want BMW repair costs, I'll buy a BMW.

awesome little car
By cobra989

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I truly enjoy owning my little 93' accord, it's fun to drive and it goes... well lets just say realy fast!

By Margaret Graham

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle brand new and I haven't had any major problems. It drive about 85-90% as good as it did when I purchased it. I also give credit to an excellent mechanic who has been very conscientious about the care of my Honda.

Car shuts off randomly while driving....
By K

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I got this Honda from a Honda dealer and friend who sold it to me with no problems, it passed inspection and everything else with flying colors. I should also mention the engine had only 113,000 miles on it when I got it, this is considered "just breaking it in" for a Honda. I had the belts replaced, regular oil changes and tune-ups, this car was looked after, but keep reading...it all started when the car began to have a hard time maintaining a charge after it was started up, so we got it a new Battery, fine for a while...then, it shut off on the highway twice, Im glad I walked away from both. In addition to the stalling, it had problems in the winter too, but it gets worse....

Favorite Features

A lot of fun to drive when it works, comfortable seats, good on gas

Suggested Improvements

After the stalling and shutting off on the highway, the transmission began to struggle, and now it can hardly pull the car along. Windows and trunk leak, forget if it rains. After only a year and the 2-3,000 miles I put on it, the vehicle is now too dangerous to drive, dont get if you have kids.

Can't complain #2
By Randy Z

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I now have 324,000 miles on my EX Automatic Accord. Since my last review I have put on 100,000 miles. my repairs: new tires, antenna inside replaced,break pads, front window from rock chips, valve cover gasket. I still drive it fast, handles well, and will write again my next 100,000 miles..No car payments for more years to come, YEA!!

Favorite Features

Handles well at high speeds, with michelin tires, lane changes is a snap, I feel safe..car looks good waxed up!

Suggested Improvements

if any, a v-tec 2005 accord engine...