Used 1993 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car ever
By BPolston

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 97 with 40000 miles on it. It now has 271000 and still is going strong. No oil burning just keep up on the maintenance. Four starters, has original alternator and struts. Rear brake shoes have not been replaced yet.

Gas mileage (around 32 mpg). Startup in morning and just take off.

Front brake rotors are hard to replace and they warp easily.

16 Years And Still Going
By marko

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I figured I wouldn't keep my new Accord for more than 10 years, tops. 16 years later it's still going strong. The only major repairs have been clutch, master & slave brake cylinders, radiator, oil seals and an engine mount. I also had the timing belt and water pump replaced twice but only as preventative measures, not because they failed. Not bad for a 16-year-old car. We kept thinking about trading it in but thought "why?" it's been such a good car. The A/C still blows cool even on the hottest days in Phoenix. It also gets excellent gas millage (30 MPG). New Accord seats are too stiff on long drives so we won't replace with a new one. They don't make them like this anymore.

Reliability, Fuel Economy, Comfort

Break cylinders have to be hammered off so break jobs cost more. Front end is low so it hits parking lot stops. Temp control cable sticks when not adjusted for a few months. Had to replace the control knob a few times. A/C could be cooler. I think all Hondas are known for their weak A/C.

Best Car I Ever Had!
By Best Car I Ever Had

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I've had Volkswagens and Studebakers, but out of all of those cars, this is the best car I have owned. My husband bought it a week before my son was born. Now after 11 years of ownership, it still runs strong. The seats are comfortable and durable, my son loves the back armrest a lot. I love the space in the back (it's a station wagon). It has never left me stranded on the freeway. I've driven state to state in the car and when the gas reserve light comes on, it gives me a lot of time to go tank up. But now, the paint is fading (it's dark red), it's getting worn out and it's time to go.

Acceleration of the engine, reliability!!!

None. The car's too good.

Accord is #1
By doofus

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord since I bought it new in 1993. It is ultra-reliable. I've replaced only tires, brakes, and exhaust in 15 years of ownership. I plan to sell it in the next month or so. Having bought the car for $13,000 and considering it's resale value of about $2000 there is no better value in the automotive industry. Can't wait to get my hands on the 2009!

Mileage 25-30 MPH Reliability

Lumbar support

pereira
By pereira

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I simply love driving it especially the five speed one, I love the way it shifts. It's a lot of fun. I have one that used to be automatic but I changed the transmission to a five speed one.

I love the body line on the ninety tree ones. I'll bet anybody that if Honda makes a newer Honda imitating that body style, and using the new technologies to make it better, Honda will make a lot of money out of it.

I suggest Honda to drop a twin cam motor, leather seats, navigation systems, and high performance suspension

• SUV