1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Big Disappointment
By Paul on 03/08/06 09:58 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

Reasonably comfortable. Fairly quiet. Not much fun to drive. Very expensive to own. It gets 19/24 mpg. This for a 2.2 4-cylinder is ridiculous. Parts for this car are surprisingly costly. For instance, most car manufacturers will use two formed-rubber hoses (~$20) for the cooling system. Honda uses somewhere around 10, making the hoses alone ~$80. Another example: Honda designed the front brakes such that you must re-build the entire front-end to replace the rotors (a very high wear item). Other manufacturers keep the rotors on this two small screws. This makes a ~$200 repair closer to $800. Big disappointment overall. As the cost of ownership is equal, I'm selling this and buying a BMW.

awesome little car
By cobra989 on 09/11/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I truly enjoy owning my little 93' accord, it's fun to drive and it goes... well lets just say realy fast!

By Margaret Graham on 08/15/05 20:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle brand new and I haven't had any major problems. It drive about 85-90% as good as it did when I purchased it. I also give credit to an excellent mechanic who has been very conscientious about the care of my Honda.

Car shuts off randomly while driving....
By K on 06/19/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I got this Honda from a Honda dealer and friend who sold it to me with no problems, it passed inspection and everything else with flying colors. I should also mention the engine had only 113,000 miles on it when I got it, this is considered "just breaking it in" for a Honda. I had the belts replaced, regular oil changes and tune-ups, this car was looked after, but keep reading...it all started when the car began to have a hard time maintaining a charge after it was started up, so we got it a new Battery, fine for a while...then, it shut off on the highway twice, Im glad I walked away from both. In addition to the stalling, it had problems in the winter too, but it gets worse....

Can't complain #2
By Randy Z on 06/15/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I now have 324,000 miles on my EX Automatic Accord. Since my last review I have put on 100,000 miles. my repairs: new tires, antenna inside replaced,break pads, front window from rock chips, valve cover gasket. I still drive it fast, handles well, and will write again my next 100,000 miles..No car payments for more years to come, YEA!!

great car
By Wendy M on 05/03/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 83000 miles in 2004 from a friend and had a full paint job and service, its a beautiful pearlized green. One year later I'm still getting offers for up to $5000. Wouldn't part with it for anything. It runs great and look great. love this car!

Dependable
By 1989 Mark 7 on 03/30/05 23:24 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

Love my car. (Yes I do own a lot of cars) Very dependable, nearly 181,000 miles on the odometer. Over these past 12 years I've replaced my timing-belt ($310 bucks!!!!!) Moonroof motor ($799.99!!!!) But she's running strong.

honda
By jeff on 02/12/05 21:07 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

great dependable fun fuel efficent car.lasts 200,000 plus miles if you do your maintenance on time and keep it done thrughout the life of the car.also dont modify engine for this 200,000 plus mile to happen.most ones i checked at salvage yard had closer to 300,000 miles.this is a good way to do your on evaulation of dependibility.

grumpy honda
By grumpy car on 01/13/05 12:18 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Grumpy car. Doesn't like to start in the winter. Expensive to fix when the AC broke 2 times and a pain to fix when the car would randomly stall and not start again on hills. Espically during rush hour. The gear shift occasionally decides not to budge, leaving me without a ride. And the trunk and windows leak. otherwise, not bad

1993 Accord is my Best Friend
By SteveG325 on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This is the most wonderful car ever made. It has been totally reliable, saves you a ton on gas and insurance, and is very zippy and fun to drive- especially in a 5 speed. I have had mine for 11 years, and it has never let me down. When I'm ready to reitre it and get a new car, I plan to put it into storage for the next 40 years untill its considered a classic. That's how much I love this car. No Joke.