1993 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Big Disappointment
By Paul on 03/08/06 09:58 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Reasonably comfortable. Fairly quiet. Not much fun to drive. Very expensive to own. It gets 19/24 mpg. This for a 2.2 4-cylinder is ridiculous. Parts for this car are surprisingly costly. For instance, most car manufacturers will use two formed-rubber hoses (~$20) for the cooling system. Honda uses somewhere around 10, making the hoses alone ~$80. Another example: Honda designed the front brakes such that you must re-build the entire front-end to replace the rotors (a very high wear item). Other manufacturers keep the rotors on this two small screws. This makes a ~$200 repair closer to $800. Big disappointment overall. As the cost of ownership is equal, I'm selling this and buying a BMW.

awesome little car
By cobra989 on 09/11/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I truly enjoy owning my little 93' accord, it's fun to drive and it goes... well lets just say realy fast!

By Margaret Graham on 08/15/05 20:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle brand new and I haven't had any major problems. It drive about 85-90% as good as it did when I purchased it. I also give credit to an excellent mechanic who has been very conscientious about the care of my Honda.

Car shuts off randomly while driving....
By K on 06/19/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got this Honda from a Honda dealer and friend who sold it to me with no problems, it passed inspection and everything else with flying colors. I should also mention the engine had only 113,000 miles on it when I got it, this is considered "just breaking it in" for a Honda. I had the belts replaced, regular oil changes and tune-ups, this car was looked after, but keep reading...it all started when the car began to have a hard time maintaining a charge after it was started up, so we got it a new Battery, fine for a while...then, it shut off on the highway twice, Im glad I walked away from both. In addition to the stalling, it had problems in the winter too, but it gets worse....

Can't complain #2
By Randy Z on 06/15/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I now have 324,000 miles on my EX Automatic Accord. Since my last review I have put on 100,000 miles. my repairs: new tires, antenna inside replaced,break pads, front window from rock chips, valve cover gasket. I still drive it fast, handles well, and will write again my next 100,000 miles..No car payments for more years to come, YEA!!

great car
By Wendy M on 05/03/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 83000 miles in 2004 from a friend and had a full paint job and service, its a beautiful pearlized green. One year later I'm still getting offers for up to $5000. Wouldn't part with it for anything. It runs great and look great. love this car!

Dependable
By 1989 Mark 7 on 03/30/05 23:24 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Love my car. (Yes I do own a lot of cars) Very dependable, nearly 181,000 miles on the odometer. Over these past 12 years I've replaced my timing-belt ($310 bucks!!!!!) Moonroof motor ($799.99!!!!) But she's running strong.

grumpy honda
By grumpy car on 01/13/05 12:18 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Grumpy car. Doesn't like to start in the winter. Expensive to fix when the AC broke 2 times and a pain to fix when the car would randomly stall and not start again on hills. Espically during rush hour. The gear shift occasionally decides not to budge, leaving me without a ride. And the trunk and windows leak. otherwise, not bad

1993 Accord is my Best Friend
By SteveG325 on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is the most wonderful car ever made. It has been totally reliable, saves you a ton on gas and insurance, and is very zippy and fun to drive- especially in a 5 speed. I have had mine for 11 years, and it has never let me down. When I'm ready to reitre it and get a new car, I plan to put it into storage for the next 40 years untill its considered a classic. That's how much I love this car. No Joke.

Honda is number one
By John Michael Ehlen on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This year Honda was well designed. The interior has held up well for 11 years and 211000 miles. I have never driven a better car than a Honda. I have long legs and yet I do not even have to put the seat all the way back to drive. It has plenty of power for a high mileage, four cylinder. I would suggest everyone get a Honda.