1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Timing belt problem
By doubtfulowner on 01/05/10 19:49 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord SE 2dr Coupe

My dad gave me his 1993 Accord a year ago - 79,000 miles and well-maintained. It had a new timing belt put in at 40,000 miles as preventative maintenance. My daughter had the car at college where the timing belt just blew at 81,000 miles and as a result, the car now needs $4000 worth of engine work. The car is clean and still relatively low mileage, but this seems to be a serious design flaw -- a (relatively common) breakdown that causes total engine failure.

Had to say goodbye, so sad
By Ruchy on 12/21/09 17:09 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This was my husband's car, well on 12/18/09 a budget rental truck slammed into the pass. side. She had 209k and NO signs of breakage coming soon. We drove away straight as an arrow, but it would cost more to fix, believe me we thought about it. THIS IS THE MOST RELIABLE CAR EVER!! I personally own a 91 accord wagon, had it for 12 yrs. she always starts, I have the oldest car at work, but it always gets me there. We were planning on giving it to our 15 yr. old son, nothing more important then knowing your child has a reliable car to get them home. But we decided to part it out and say good bye to the work horse. Definitely will always own Hondas.

Happy
By John Hutzell on 11/04/09 07:46 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda has 190,000 miles and still going strong. I had to replace the entire front end and 3rd gear just went out, but I believe this was from lack of care from the previous owner. I'm getting around 36 mpg on the highway. This car takes a licking and keeps on ticking

Excellent all around vehicle
By Steve on 09/01/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new 16 years ago. Now has 175K and it still runs well and looks good. It has needed some repairs recently, which I would expect with all the miles, but overall it has been an excellent and very reliable car. The four cylinder engine is economical delivering 23 city/28 highway, yet offers plenty power to "get up and go". Easy to drive, with excellent handling characteristics. Comfortable seats and nice view of the road with low dashboard and large windshield. Economical to operate and maintain. Tires wear like iron, I get almost 50K miles on a set of tires. Brakes last a long time too.

Best car ever
By BPolston on 03/15/09 23:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 97 with 40000 miles on it. It now has 271000 and still is going strong. No oil burning just keep up on the maintenance. Four starters, has original alternator and struts. Rear brake shoes have not been replaced yet.

16 Years And Still Going
By marko on 03/05/09 15:13 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I figured I wouldn't keep my new Accord for more than 10 years, tops. 16 years later it's still going strong. The only major repairs have been clutch, master & slave brake cylinders, radiator, oil seals and an engine mount. I also had the timing belt and water pump replaced twice but only as preventative measures, not because they failed. Not bad for a 16-year-old car. We kept thinking about trading it in but thought "why?" it's been such a good car. The A/C still blows cool even on the hottest days in Phoenix. It also gets excellent gas millage (30 MPG). New Accord seats are too stiff on long drives so we won't replace with a new one. They don't make them like this anymore.

Best Car I Ever Had!
By Best Car I Ever Had on 11/09/08 12:23 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I've had Volkswagens and Studebakers, but out of all of those cars, this is the best car I have owned. My husband bought it a week before my son was born. Now after 11 years of ownership, it still runs strong. The seats are comfortable and durable, my son loves the back armrest a lot. I love the space in the back (it's a station wagon). It has never left me stranded on the freeway. I've driven state to state in the car and when the gas reserve light comes on, it gives me a lot of time to go tank up. But now, the paint is fading (it's dark red), it's getting worn out and it's time to go.

Accord is #1
By doofus on 09/20/08 18:33 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord since I bought it new in 1993. It is ultra-reliable. I've replaced only tires, brakes, and exhaust in 15 years of ownership. I plan to sell it in the next month or so. Having bought the car for $13,000 and considering it's resale value of about $2000 there is no better value in the automotive industry. Can't wait to get my hands on the 2009!

pereira
By pereira on 05/13/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I simply love driving it especially the five speed one, I love the way it shifts. It's a lot of fun. I have one that used to be automatic but I changed the transmission to a five speed one.

Best Car Ever!
By Matt on 04/10/08 15:01 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car exactly one year ago today and I haven't been anything but completely happy. The interior quality is absolutely amazing, the carpet is plush and the fabric on the seats is extremely durable and comfy. The dashboard still looks like new, no fading or cracking at all. Even at 80 MPH, there is not a single squeak or rattle from anything. I've had no troubles with the engine at all, it's got plenty of HP and pickup, and cruises at 70 with no problem. I've had to do nothing but regular maintenance. Oil changed every 7500K. I've replaced a thermostat and muffler, all normal-wear things. I look forward to many more years of extreme reliability from my favorite Honda!