Used 1993 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

i love this car
By m davis

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

in seven years we did not have a single problem with our accord. nothing broke, just had routine maintenence, oil changes and a tune-up at 120,000. still looks good, feels good, and drives good.

reliability, roominess, always started on first try

temperature setting dial stiff and broke off recently (now 11 years old)

Why should I buy a new one?
By knoxtenor

1993 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

The '93 EX Coupe (6 cyl manual 5 spd) was the closest thing to a new car I've ever owned. It was also by far the hottest, coolest car I've ever owned. I bought it in '95 w/ about 28K miles, it, and at 146K, it's still so amazingly reliable and fuel-effecient that I can't bear parting with it just because I want something modern and stylish with less wear-and-tear.

Alloy wheels and the spoiler! Agressive stance! reliability, reliability, reliability!

Longer-wearing clutch. (I'm on my 4th.) Front discs put out a lot of dust onto the alloy wheels, but their wear isn't excesive.

Love my coupe
By johndoemd

1993 Honda Accord SE 2dr Coupe

I've owned Nissans, Toyota, & a Mazda and this car is the only one still standing. I just reached 200,000 miles and I look forward to seeing 300,000.

ALL Accord coupes have chronic power window problems and radiator problems (between 120k and 180k miles).

Trust My Car
By peteyweed

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my car brand new with 7 miles on it in March 1993, now 11 years later and 205,000 miles, it still has as much power as it did the day the day I bought it. I have not had any problem with the engine in any way, except the manufacturer defect of the distributor (which was recalled). We do maintain it, with regular tune-ups and oil changes every 3 thousand miles. The only thing we have done, (aside from interior, mostly cosmetic problems) is regular maintenance with only 1 battery and of course tires.

Considering it is a factory stereo and speakers, it sounds pretty good. Strong engine....longevity. Drives and handles well. I like the material seats are made of and roof that cannot droop (like American made vehicles)

Regulator on electric window - driver's side had to be replaced x 2, inside door handle on driver's side replaced, crack in dash. All but 1 interior air vent has cracked and now cannot be directed. Knob that controls the change from hot to cold has been replaced x 4.

love but it leaks...a lot!
By zipcody

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

i've spent very little money to maintain this great car and it has been very reliable and fun.

it is comfy and is fun to drive.

there should have been a better weatherproofing system around doors and windows and the trunk. it leaks a lot now in its old age also, the transmission is getting dodgy. it lurches a lot and has trouble downshifting.