1993 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Big Disappointment
By Paul on 03/08/06 09:58 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Reasonably comfortable. Fairly quiet. Not much fun to drive. Very expensive to own. It gets 19/24 mpg. This for a 2.2 4-cylinder is ridiculous. Parts for this car are surprisingly costly. For instance, most car manufacturers will use two formed-rubber hoses (~$20) for the cooling system. Honda uses somewhere around 10, making the hoses alone ~$80. Another example: Honda designed the front brakes such that you must re-build the entire front-end to replace the rotors (a very high wear item). Other manufacturers keep the rotors on this two small screws. This makes a ~$200 repair closer to $800. Big disappointment overall. As the cost of ownership is equal, I'm selling this and buying a BMW.

Dependable
By 1989 Mark 7 on 03/30/05 23:24 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Love my car. (Yes I do own a lot of cars) Very dependable, nearly 181,000 miles on the odometer. Over these past 12 years I've replaced my timing-belt ($310 bucks!!!!!) Moonroof motor ($799.99!!!!) But she's running strong.

Great little Honda
By Drake4985 on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this 1993 SE sedan in April 2001. It was a great car other than axles and radiator nothing else really went wrong. I sold the car to a Honda junkyard in summer 2003. A man in an old toyota truck pulled out right in front of me. I was going about 40mph the car held up great. It had 179,164.3 miles on it when it died.

I love my Honda!
By Sheri Johnson on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 9 years & love it. It has never left me stranded & loks as good today as it did when I bought it many years ago.

Very nice car
By Sub on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've only had this car a short time, but it's fun to drive, quiet, clean, and runs great!

Best OLD car I've ever owned!
By cheeze_head on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this 6 year-old from a dealership back in 1999 w/ 43K miles on it. Now, it's at 85K. Got a great deal with my 91 Accord EX trade-in. Ever since, I just love the car. Got all the features that most cars today don't have as standard...e.g. leather, Bose, dual airbags, ABS, moonroof, CD- changer, etc...Had no mechanical problems except the "MAIN RELAY --> NO START" problem. But I fixed that. Gives great gas mileage on the freeway, performs well, especially with strut- bar. I still think this is Honda's best built car.

1993 Accord SE is excellent
By andyb889 on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love the car. I bought it at 190k miles and it has been running excellent. I guess it will last for another 10 years.

Reliable Car
By Jirkman on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've had my "top of the line" Honda (Accord SE) for about half year. I purchased it with 125K and it's been allright. I had to replace front suspention springs and struts, but other than that, it's very reliable car. I also enjoy the gas mileage on the highways. It's significantly worse in town though! I'd recomend the Accord to all of you who want relatively cheap but reliable car that will last :-)