Used 1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car ever
By BPolston

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 97 with 40000 miles on it. It now has 271000 and still is going strong. No oil burning just keep up on the maintenance. Four starters, has original alternator and struts. Rear brake shoes have not been replaced yet.

Gas mileage (around 32 mpg). Startup in morning and just take off.

Front brake rotors are hard to replace and they warp easily.

16 Years And Still Going
By marko

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I figured I wouldn't keep my new Accord for more than 10 years, tops. 16 years later it's still going strong. The only major repairs have been clutch, master & slave brake cylinders, radiator, oil seals and an engine mount. I also had the timing belt and water pump replaced twice but only as preventative measures, not because they failed. Not bad for a 16-year-old car. We kept thinking about trading it in but thought "why?" it's been such a good car. The A/C still blows cool even on the hottest days in Phoenix. It also gets excellent gas millage (30 MPG). New Accord seats are too stiff on long drives so we won't replace with a new one. They don't make them like this anymore.

Reliability, Fuel Economy, Comfort

Break cylinders have to be hammered off so break jobs cost more. Front end is low so it hits parking lot stops. Temp control cable sticks when not adjusted for a few months. Had to replace the control knob a few times. A/C could be cooler. I think all Hondas are known for their weak A/C.

Owned 15 Years and Still Love It
By mnmpeterson

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord in 1993 and thought I would keep it 10 years max. Nearly 15 years and over 140K miles later I have no plans on replacing it any time soon. This has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's required relatively few repairs although it started to show it's age a few years ago needing new clutch, radiator, etc. But you I would expect to replace that kind of stuff on a car this old. The only problems I've had is with the cruise control that has acted strange from day one. Also the temperature control gets stuck after staying in the same position all summer. Too bad the new Accord's seats are too stiff and uncomfortable or I might have bought another one.

Comfortable front seats. Large windshield. Peppy engine. Great mileage (26 MPG city).

Put comfortable seats back in the new Accords.

93HondaLX
By zdriver

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

It doesn't seem to want to wear out. It maintains its good looks inside and out. It's one of the prettiest Hondas ever made. The mechanics are second to none.

Its handling. A friend who borrowed the car one time said it handles like a sports car.

More power, but new Honda do have more power.

Good ol' Honda
By Jendawn

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda used 5 years ago and it still runs great! I have 133,000 miles on it and last year when I got it smogged, the guy said it smogged like a new car. Change that oil every 3,500 and this car will last forever. Just be careful that when you change the timing belt, have those little cheap oil pan seals replaced at the same time or you'll be sorry. Great car.

Exterior design and that little front seat arm rest thing. Also, the seatbelts aren't automatic which I like.

THe heater and fan knobs are cheap and break every year or so. ALso, the driver's side window has become stuck and needed repair.