1993 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Timing belt problem
By doubtfulowner on 01/05/10 19:49 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

My dad gave me his 1993 Accord a year ago - 79,000 miles and well-maintained. It had a new timing belt put in at 40,000 miles as preventative maintenance. My daughter had the car at college where the timing belt just blew at 81,000 miles and as a result, the car now needs $4000 worth of engine work. The car is clean and still relatively low mileage, but this seems to be a serious design flaw -- a (relatively common) breakdown that causes total engine failure.

Best car ever
By BPolston on 03/15/09 23:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 97 with 40000 miles on it. It now has 271000 and still is going strong. No oil burning just keep up on the maintenance. Four starters, has original alternator and struts. Rear brake shoes have not been replaced yet.

16 Years And Still Going
By marko on 03/05/09 15:13 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I figured I wouldn't keep my new Accord for more than 10 years, tops. 16 years later it's still going strong. The only major repairs have been clutch, master & slave brake cylinders, radiator, oil seals and an engine mount. I also had the timing belt and water pump replaced twice but only as preventative measures, not because they failed. Not bad for a 16-year-old car. We kept thinking about trading it in but thought "why?" it's been such a good car. The A/C still blows cool even on the hottest days in Phoenix. It also gets excellent gas millage (30 MPG). New Accord seats are too stiff on long drives so we won't replace with a new one. They don't make them like this anymore.

Legend Coupe 1993 still Excellent 2008
By Roald Atle Furre on 01/28/08 00:49 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

The car accelerate as a dream. Nice sound of the engine. Low consumption compared to power. Easy to handle in dangerous situations. Reaction is fast as your mind.

Owned 15 Years and Still Love It
By mnmpeterson on 01/20/08 16:14 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord in 1993 and thought I would keep it 10 years max. Nearly 15 years and over 140K miles later I have no plans on replacing it any time soon. This has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's required relatively few repairs although it started to show it's age a few years ago needing new clutch, radiator, etc. But you I would expect to replace that kind of stuff on a car this old. The only problems I've had is with the cruise control that has acted strange from day one. Also the temperature control gets stuck after staying in the same position all summer. Too bad the new Accord's seats are too stiff and uncomfortable or I might have bought another one.

Love my Honda
By SammyDbull8827 on 07/14/07 18:54 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

My wonderful boss who just bought a new Civic EX coupe was sweet enough to pass on his all stock '93 Accord EX Coupe to me for free when he found out I needed a set of wheels. It had only 82,000 miles at the time and in mint conditon with the exception of a dent in the driver's fender. The rear spoiler and alloy wheels really brings out the sporty look of this car. I get a lot of compliments especially from women where ever i go. I even get people asking me if I want to sell her. This car starts up everytime and runs extremely smooth and tight expecially on the highway. Getting 23/27 mpg avg with A/C on. I will not part with her and plan on driving it for another 200,000 + miles. ;-)

Outstanding car
By nk on 05/22/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have had this for the past 13 years, and it had been the most reliable piece of equipment I ever owned. For a 4-cyl, it provides unbelievable acceleration and all the power options have been working well to date.

honda
By jeff on 02/12/05 21:07 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

great dependable fun fuel efficent car.lasts 200,000 plus miles if you do your maintenance on time and keep it done thrughout the life of the car.also dont modify engine for this 200,000 plus mile to happen.most ones i checked at salvage yard had closer to 300,000 miles.this is a good way to do your on evaulation of dependibility.

Why should I buy a new one?
By knoxtenor on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

The '93 EX Coupe (6 cyl manual 5 spd) was the closest thing to a new car I've ever owned. It was also by far the hottest, coolest car I've ever owned. I bought it in '95 w/ about 28K miles, it, and at 146K, it's still so amazingly reliable and fuel-effecient that I can't bear parting with it just because I want something modern and stylish with less wear-and-tear.

Love my coupe
By johndoemd on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I've owned Nissans, Toyota, & a Mazda and this car is the only one still standing. I just reached 200,000 miles and I look forward to seeing 300,000.