Used 1993 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My baby since 1995!!!!
By Mylia

1993 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I love, Love, LOVE my 1993 Honda Accord EX 2-door coupe! I bought her in 1995, so I am her 2nd owner....but I still consider that I am her only owner. This has been the best and most reliable car I ever owned. She has just over 220,000 miles (200,000 driven by me) and has had only minor repairs over the years. Biggest things were timing belt, radiator, and brakes. Most parts are still the original. I can't say enough about how great this model year was (and still is). Her beauty on the road still holds up among all the "new model" babes out there. People are always commenting to me about how good she looks!

Timing belt problem
By doubtfulowner

1993 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

My dad gave me his 1993 Accord a year ago - 79,000 miles and well-maintained. It had a new timing belt put in at 40,000 miles as preventative maintenance. My daughter had the car at college where the timing belt just blew at 81,000 miles and as a result, the car now needs $4000 worth of engine work. The car is clean and still relatively low mileage, but this seems to be a serious design flaw -- a (relatively common) breakdown that causes total engine failure.

Engine failure should not result from a timing belt breaking!

Best car ever
By BPolston

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 97 with 40000 miles on it. It now has 271000 and still is going strong. No oil burning just keep up on the maintenance. Four starters, has original alternator and struts. Rear brake shoes have not been replaced yet.

Gas mileage (around 32 mpg). Startup in morning and just take off.

Front brake rotors are hard to replace and they warp easily.

16 Years And Still Going
By marko

1993 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I figured I wouldn't keep my new Accord for more than 10 years, tops. 16 years later it's still going strong. The only major repairs have been clutch, master & slave brake cylinders, radiator, oil seals and an engine mount. I also had the timing belt and water pump replaced twice but only as preventative measures, not because they failed. Not bad for a 16-year-old car. We kept thinking about trading it in but thought "why?" it's been such a good car. The A/C still blows cool even on the hottest days in Phoenix. It also gets excellent gas millage (30 MPG). New Accord seats are too stiff on long drives so we won't replace with a new one. They don't make them like this anymore.

Reliability, Fuel Economy, Comfort

Break cylinders have to be hammered off so break jobs cost more. Front end is low so it hits parking lot stops. Temp control cable sticks when not adjusted for a few months. Had to replace the control knob a few times. A/C could be cooler. I think all Hondas are known for their weak A/C.

Legend Coupe 1993 still Excellent 2008
By Roald Atle Furre

1993 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

The car accelerate as a dream. Nice sound of the engine. Low consumption compared to power. Easy to handle in dangerous situations. Reaction is fast as your mind.

Design is anonymous but the real Honda lover know what it is about. Just perfect design. Even in gale the car is easy to handle. You dont feel the traffic passing by

None