1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car
By Georgia on 05/21/10 07:06 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at the end of 2002 with 92,000 miles on it. It was an extremely reliable car. I drive round trip 72 miles a day to work. I always said I would drive it till it died. It was a great car for the last 8 years and I just traded it in on a 2007 EX-L Accord. My '93 had 232,000 miles on it and still going. Had begun to replace things over the last few years - but that was to be expected. Got 180,000 miles out of the original clutch! AC / Heat still worked. Great, dependable car. One of the reasons I traded it, was the newer Accords are roomier and my kids are growing up and needing more leg room. I hated to see my '93 Accord go, but so far I love the 2007 as well.

Myhonda
By SDB on 04/30/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have my accord for 3 yrs.now. I not had to do much other than normal maint. I've had problems with the fuel pump relay and front-end susp. All in all pretty good car in 2010 I went on a 5 state trip @ 15 hr.drive with no problems

Happy
By John Hutzell on 11/04/09 07:46 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda has 190,000 miles and still going strong. I had to replace the entire front end and 3rd gear just went out, but I believe this was from lack of care from the previous owner. I'm getting around 36 mpg on the highway. This car takes a licking and keeps on ticking

Accord is #1
By doofus on 09/20/08 18:33 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord since I bought it new in 1993. It is ultra-reliable. I've replaced only tires, brakes, and exhaust in 15 years of ownership. I plan to sell it in the next month or so. Having bought the car for $13,000 and considering it's resale value of about $2000 there is no better value in the automotive industry. Can't wait to get my hands on the 2009!

Pretty good car
By Chris on 11/12/07 14:57 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

It drives pretty well, I have the 5 speed manual, and it can go, iv done alot of mods to it, and tons more to come, and very easy to customize. New H22a engine on the way too. WOOHOO!

Fast and Fun!
By cobra989 on 06/02/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle about a year ago, and have driven the car almost 15000 miles. I really like this car, she is really fast! This is my favorite year out of the early 90's accords because of the extra power etc... Some of the mods that I have done are; full intake and exhaust, indiglo guages, supercharger. The thing that I was scared about the most when I did the exhaust kit was that it would sound like a Civic, but that I4 2.2L sounds great and its definitely a head turner! The only thing that I would do to change the car a little bit is to make the engine more accessible and repairs less expensive, other than that I love this car, its gonna be hard to let go.

BEST USED CAR TO BUY
By John on 04/11/06 19:52 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I can't believe how good these cars are. I bought a used one with 190,000 miles on it. Everyone thought I was crazy to pay $3500 for it but let me tell you. Now I have 250K on the car and IT STILL RUNS LIKE NEW. I will never sell this car, Cheap on gas, but you do have to fix few common problems every now and then. CV axes, radiator, speed sensor, and oxygen sensor. THAT's it. And only every 60K or so... not bad. So don't just keep reading this, go and buy one. You will love it.

awesome little car
By cobra989 on 09/11/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I truly enjoy owning my little 93' accord, it's fun to drive and it goes... well lets just say realy fast!

Car shuts off randomly while driving....
By K on 06/19/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I got this Honda from a Honda dealer and friend who sold it to me with no problems, it passed inspection and everything else with flying colors. I should also mention the engine had only 113,000 miles on it when I got it, this is considered "just breaking it in" for a Honda. I had the belts replaced, regular oil changes and tune-ups, this car was looked after, but keep reading...it all started when the car began to have a hard time maintaining a charge after it was started up, so we got it a new Battery, fine for a while...then, it shut off on the highway twice, Im glad I walked away from both. In addition to the stalling, it had problems in the winter too, but it gets worse....

grumpy honda
By grumpy car on 01/13/05 12:18 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Grumpy car. Doesn't like to start in the winter. Expensive to fix when the AC broke 2 times and a pain to fix when the car would randomly stall and not start again on hills. Espically during rush hour. The gear shift occasionally decides not to budge, leaving me without a ride. And the trunk and windows leak. otherwise, not bad