1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best car ever
By BPolston on 03/15/09 23:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 97 with 40000 miles on it. It now has 271000 and still is going strong. No oil burning just keep up on the maintenance. Four starters, has original alternator and struts. Rear brake shoes have not been replaced yet.

16 Years And Still Going
By marko on 03/05/09 15:13 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I figured I wouldn't keep my new Accord for more than 10 years, tops. 16 years later it's still going strong. The only major repairs have been clutch, master & slave brake cylinders, radiator, oil seals and an engine mount. I also had the timing belt and water pump replaced twice but only as preventative measures, not because they failed. Not bad for a 16-year-old car. We kept thinking about trading it in but thought "why?" it's been such a good car. The A/C still blows cool even on the hottest days in Phoenix. It also gets excellent gas millage (30 MPG). New Accord seats are too stiff on long drives so we won't replace with a new one. They don't make them like this anymore.

Owned 15 Years and Still Love It
By mnmpeterson on 01/20/08 16:14 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord in 1993 and thought I would keep it 10 years max. Nearly 15 years and over 140K miles later I have no plans on replacing it any time soon. This has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's required relatively few repairs although it started to show it's age a few years ago needing new clutch, radiator, etc. But you I would expect to replace that kind of stuff on a car this old. The only problems I've had is with the cruise control that has acted strange from day one. Also the temperature control gets stuck after staying in the same position all summer. Too bad the new Accord's seats are too stiff and uncomfortable or I might have bought another one.

93HondaLX
By zdriver on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

It doesn't seem to want to wear out. It maintains its good looks inside and out. It's one of the prettiest Hondas ever made. The mechanics are second to none.

Good ol' Honda
By Jendawn on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda used 5 years ago and it still runs great! I have 133,000 miles on it and last year when I got it smogged, the guy said it smogged like a new car. Change that oil every 3,500 and this car will last forever. Just be careful that when you change the timing belt, have those little cheap oil pan seals replaced at the same time or you'll be sorry. Great car.

Runs like a clock
By simmons195 on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This has been the greatest car that I have ever owned! I have owned it for 3.5 years and I have never had to change the breaks (I down shift). It has never left me sit. The only two problems I have had are the power antenna mast, and the drivers side power window gets stuck sometimes. Thats all! No mechanical problems at all. I had to replace the exaust from the cat back, but that will happen with any car. But It's treated me very well.

Best car
By Martha Marquez on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I've had my car for three years. I needed a car that was dependeble which this one was. I'm a single female that dosen't have time to take my car in and out of mechanics. I never once took my car because it gave me problems. I believe that Honda makes awesome cars. I plann to purchase another Honda.

A Little Disappointed
By C Csada on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car (my first Honda) used with about 84,000 miles. 2 months later I had to do the head gasket because, followed my the flex pipe on the exhaust. 8 months later and 100,000 miles oil sending unit, oil pan gasket and now my water pump is starting to leak. I also have a front tire shimmy when braking, a transmission mount that needs to be replaced and my clutch shudders in the morning. I bought because of Honda reliablity but know I can honestly say that I'm not so impressed. I've owned Chev, Ford and Chrysler products so far my accord is no better than them. Good thing for high resale value.

Great car
By dub on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This was the first thing I bought when I finished college. I still have the car today, and it still runs great. You just follow the recommended Honda maintenance scheule, and you get no problems. I've had to replace the battery, a couple of lights, and the muffler. Great car.

Still running
By Terr0rt0telc0 on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Overall good experience with this car I bought it at 50000 miles and i have it now up to 130000. I went through 3 starters hhhmmm oh well still have another problem now but it is ok. This would have cost me more if I had not done all the work myself alot more. Good handeling except for the strut towers going bad mainly the right starts making bed spring noises. another possible thing brakes can go out the bolt that is on the box that has the brake fluid not the one under the hood bolt can come out a bit and the fluid bleeds everywhere then fun bleed the brakes time.