Used 1993 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1993 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car I'll ever own
By eric

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Rock solid, bullet proof reliability! 227,000 miles and counting, I drive it every day, and love it every day. Original clutch, exhaust, interior perfect, nothing ever breaks on this car (the left headlamp bulb was installed at the factory, and is still there after 17 years!). Not true, the power antenna breaks due to the high heat in Arizona, but I'll forgive this wonderful gem of a car. I cannot praise Honda enough for this car and can't wait till they introduce another one like it. After all, it has to wear out someday, doesn't it?

Favorite Features

Engine still very strong at 227,000 miles, gets 30 mpg on the highway regardless of load. Interior still looks like the day I bought it in '93. Only now, after all these years and miles, is it starting, just starting, to show a little age!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing Honda could do would be to bring back this car. The Crosstour is OK, but has less room. The upcoming TSX Sport Wagon will be nice, but the one drawback to the 4 cylinder engine is lack of torque. Put a six in the TSX SW, and I'll buy it. Or the European diesel, with its torque will do

Best Car I Ever Had!
By Best Car I Ever Had

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I've had Volkswagens and Studebakers, but out of all of those cars, this is the best car I have owned. My husband bought it a week before my son was born. Now after 11 years of ownership, it still runs strong. The seats are comfortable and durable, my son loves the back armrest a lot. I love the space in the back (it's a station wagon). It has never left me stranded on the freeway. I've driven state to state in the car and when the gas reserve light comes on, it gives me a lot of time to go tank up. But now, the paint is fading (it's dark red), it's getting worn out and it's time to go.

Favorite Features

Acceleration of the engine, reliability!!!

Suggested Improvements

None. The car's too good.

best car ever
By tlccar1

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I love my 1993 Accord wagon! It is the best car I have ever owned - in fact, we love it so much we went out and bought a 2003 EX sedan!! It rides and handles great and is simply a joy to drive and own.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, gas mileage, comfort, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

None