1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
251,000k and running!
By Brian on 04/07/10 10:50 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I drive to work 80 miles round trip 5 days a week and the car has 251,000 miles and still running strong, need I say more!

Had to say goodbye, so sad
By Ruchy on 12/21/09 17:09 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

This was my husband's car, well on 12/18/09 a budget rental truck slammed into the pass. side. She had 209k and NO signs of breakage coming soon. We drove away straight as an arrow, but it would cost more to fix, believe me we thought about it. THIS IS THE MOST RELIABLE CAR EVER!! I personally own a 91 accord wagon, had it for 12 yrs. she always starts, I have the oldest car at work, but it always gets me there. We were planning on giving it to our 15 yr. old son, nothing more important then knowing your child has a reliable car to get them home. But we decided to part it out and say good bye to the work horse. Definitely will always own Hondas.

pereira
By pereira on 05/13/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I simply love driving it especially the five speed one, I love the way it shifts. It's a lot of fun. I have one that used to be automatic but I changed the transmission to a five speed one.

My "new" car
By 1993 10th Anniversar on 05/22/07 12:57 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I still call my 1993 Honda Accord my new car. I do love it, but I don't like the whistling from the windows if I go more than 30 mph. Otherwise, I love my Honda and I will buy another. I love the style, the large front window and the large back window. No cars compete with that so far. Otherwise, I love my car.

Update on 3 year old review
By W Cooke on 05/14/07 19:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Since I wrote the last review on this car, things have only gotten much worse. Car now has 142k miles. Things that have had to be replaced so far: CV joints 2X, tie rod ends, upper ball joints and control arms, rear engine mount, A/C, ABS, rear rotors, front rotors 2X, exhaust 3X, oil pressure switch, oil pan gasket, power antenna, rear window seal, 6 headlamps. This car is much faster than its suspension can handle. I had heard that Honda built very reliable cars. This is 10 times over the WORST car I've ever owned.

Pros
By aloysius on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new for my wife. (and me too) traded in 1988 century. Bummer. Have had wonderful luck with it. Expensive to recharge A/C but worth. Thinking of trading in for 2005 Odyssey. Seating kinda low making getting out uncomfortable. Engine purrs like a kitten.

What a Great Car!
By grabber_1965 on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for over 9 years and have put over 140,000 miles since purchase. It always starts, always runs well, and even with over 160,000 total miles on the car, there are still no rattles or squeaks! Only 1 expensive repair for the ABS computer chip, but it was covered under the warranty. Didn't have to replace the alternator until 130K miles. This car has proven Honda reliablility to me. It still runs quiet, never stalls in cold weather, and gets excellent traction in the snow. With normal maintenance, I still get over 27 miles per gallon.

I expected much better
By W Cooke on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because of its' reputation. I was let down. 75k miles when I got it and the ABS pump was shot. $1300 to replace, no thanks. The counter balance shaft belt broke and now it shakes like crazy at idle. Trans vibrates bad between 35 and 50 mph like it's trying to shift but can't. Oil leaking at every possible place. Both interior door hanldes broke. CV joints on both sides went this year. The factory radio was the worst thing I've ever heard. Now, the engine is very strong and burns no oil. The seats are very comfortable. Everything works inside. The style is the best. Still a great looking car.

Great Automobile
By the bullet on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I've always loved the timeless styling of this generation of Accords. It also is the perfect size IMO (new cars are getting way too big). Amazingly, even with 87k miles, my black 10th Anniversary Edition Accord's automatic transmission shifts almost as smooth as my 2000 Camry XLE V6. My Accord's ride is a harsher than my Camry, but the Accord is much more "fun" to the drive.

Great car!
By Jeremey on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I bought this car just last year and it had 93,000 miles on it. It now has 118,000 miles on it and i have done nothing but the usual maintenance. I am now trying to see it, but only because i am getting a Prelude. These cars are built very well and will last for a long time. I really like the alloy wheels, spoiler, and overall look of the accord. The sound system is actually decent for a 93 car. GREAT CAR!