1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Perhaps my best Accord!
By thafh on 04/05/11 16:11 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I just posted yesterday, but I still have more things to say! I drove my 93 EX today and noticed that it just might be better than the 99 EX-L I owned in the early 2000s! My 93 may not be as big and comfortable, but it's definitely on par with that 99!! The 5 speed brings all 142 horses to life and the styling still holds up today! I have a factory cd player in there and the factory speakers still thump! I know the car is nearly 20 years old, but next to this car and the legend, name another 18-20 year old car that looks this good... Exactly.

Still "According..."
By thafh on 04/04/11 16:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This will was my fourth accord that I purchased in September of 2010. I owned a 91 EX coupe 5 speed in high school (3 years), a 99 EX-L sedan 5 speed for 4 years, a 91 LX sedan 5 speed for 5 years (that one had idling issues btw), and now I'm back to my roots with my EX, which was only! The performance is good considering it's age but I don't think it was faster than my 99 vtec. My only problem is that it isn't too comfortable but that's b/c I was spoiled by the roomier EX-L and I'm 6ft with long legs! lol. I know some have had the misfortune of owning a lemon, but Honda has been good to me for the past 12 years! When I finish school, I plan on an 06-07 V6 sedan 6 speed!

Best Car I Ever Had
By Mike on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car ran like it was new when it was 16 years old with 190k miles. Its life was cut short by an accident, but I loved this car. Many cars (even newer ones) make noises or everything just seems flimsy, but this car ran and felt great. I chose not to buy a Honda again because I believe they have actually become overrated. I loved this car, but the prices for cars like this have become outrageous in the past few years. It was a great car, not a magical car that never will die or require maintenance.

My accord
By henochson on 08/05/10 00:40 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in April of 2010. It had been owned by a couple since 1994 but had been sitting for 6mons. After a jump, the car had no issues coming back to life. The five speed manual makes the most of the zippy 2.2 L. It's way faster than my moms 01 Vtec Accord! Its ultra reliable. I with 171K I drove it 3.5 Hours at 80-90 mph and over a mountain pass no probs and averaged 37 mpg. Let's just say I drive a faster, better looking, and significantly better looking and practical prius! Acon works, but it doesn't love the heat. Sunroof is awesome. Stock stereo is actually great, an aftermarket cd deck would make it excellent.

Absolutel "bulletproof"
By Richy from Nisky on 06/21/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my 1993 Accord LX wagon used in 1996 with 40,000 miles on the odometer. Now, 14 years later it is still running strong with 321,000 miles on it. Other than the usual rust over the rear wheel wells, my only other problem has been a leaking rear main seal, which leaks about a quart every 2500 miles. I run four snow tires on it during the winter and it has never gotten stuck. Alas, when I found out that Honda was not re-introducing the Accord wagon (they gave us the Crosstour instead), I opted to buy a CR- V as a replacement vehicle. This wagon has been absolutely bulletproof, and I hate to get rid of it. Best car I have ever owned.

Great Car
By Georgia on 05/21/10 07:06 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at the end of 2002 with 92,000 miles on it. It was an extremely reliable car. I drive round trip 72 miles a day to work. I always said I would drive it till it died. It was a great car for the last 8 years and I just traded it in on a 2007 EX-L Accord. My '93 had 232,000 miles on it and still going. Had begun to replace things over the last few years - but that was to be expected. Got 180,000 miles out of the original clutch! AC / Heat still worked. Great, dependable car. One of the reasons I traded it, was the newer Accords are roomier and my kids are growing up and needing more leg room. I hated to see my '93 Accord go, but so far I love the 2007 as well.

Myhonda
By SDB on 04/30/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have my accord for 3 yrs.now. I not had to do much other than normal maint. I've had problems with the fuel pump relay and front-end susp. All in all pretty good car in 2010 I went on a 5 state trip @ 15 hr.drive with no problems

Best car I'll ever own
By eric on 04/28/10 22:02 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Rock solid, bullet proof reliability! 227,000 miles and counting, I drive it every day, and love it every day. Original clutch, exhaust, interior perfect, nothing ever breaks on this car (the left headlamp bulb was installed at the factory, and is still there after 17 years!). Not true, the power antenna breaks due to the high heat in Arizona, but I'll forgive this wonderful gem of a car. I cannot praise Honda enough for this car and can't wait till they introduce another one like it. After all, it has to wear out someday, doesn't it?

251,000k and running!
By Brian on 04/07/10 10:50 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary 4dr Sedan

I drive to work 80 miles round trip 5 days a week and the car has 251,000 miles and still running strong, need I say more!

11 years of pure driving bliss!
By TT on 02/21/10 12:21 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Honda got it all right with this sweet little machine! This is an amazing little sports sedan in sheep's clothing. The extremely smooth 140 horsepower 16 valve dual overhead cam engine sings when the RPMs get above 3,000 plus and it just keeps on a pulling. The entire design of the car is brilliant as it sits low with a low dash and big glass so the driving position, instrumentation and view out is perfect. The suspension and steering make it a blast to drive especially when tied to the 5 speed manual. The interior is smart and sporty and makes most new cars pale in comparison. I love this car because it's the best of all worlds and cost next to nothing to maintain.