Used 1993 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Perhaps my best Accord!
By thafh

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I just posted yesterday, but I still have more things to say! I drove my 93 EX today and noticed that it just might be better than the 99 EX-L I owned in the early 2000s! My 93 may not be as big and comfortable, but it's definitely on par with that 99!! The 5 speed brings all 142 horses to life and the styling still holds up today! I have a factory cd player in there and the factory speakers still thump! I know the car is nearly 20 years old, but next to this car and the legend, name another 18-20 year old car that looks this good... Exactly.

Manual transmission; Styling

If you own an automatic, you know what I mean; AC compressors; CV joints; Wheel Well rust

Still "According..."
By thafh

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This will was my fourth accord that I purchased in September of 2010. I owned a 91 EX coupe 5 speed in high school (3 years), a 99 EX-L sedan 5 speed for 4 years, a 91 LX sedan 5 speed for 5 years (that one had idling issues btw), and now I'm back to my roots with my EX, which was only! The performance is good considering it's age but I don't think it was faster than my 99 vtec. My only problem is that it isn't too comfortable but that's b/c I was spoiled by the roomier EX-L and I'm 6ft with long legs! lol. I know some have had the misfortune of owning a lemon, but Honda has been good to me for the past 12 years! When I finish school, I plan on an 06-07 V6 sedan 6 speed!

The alloy wheels, believe it or not; The overall design; Gas mileage; Factory speakers; Manual gearbox;

If you own an automatic, you'll understand why; Rear leg room; CV axles; Road noise -- but remember, every car has it's flaws!

Best Car I Ever Had
By Mike

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car ran like it was new when it was 16 years old with 190k miles. Its life was cut short by an accident, but I loved this car. Many cars (even newer ones) make noises or everything just seems flimsy, but this car ran and felt great. I chose not to buy a Honda again because I believe they have actually become overrated. I loved this car, but the prices for cars like this have become outrageous in the past few years. It was a great car, not a magical car that never will die or require maintenance.

Reliability Feel of the drive Features where great for a car this old

None

My accord
By henochson

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in April of 2010. It had been owned by a couple since 1994 but had been sitting for 6mons. After a jump, the car had no issues coming back to life. The five speed manual makes the most of the zippy 2.2 L. It's way faster than my moms 01 Vtec Accord! Its ultra reliable. I with 171K I drove it 3.5 Hours at 80-90 mph and over a mountain pass no probs and averaged 37 mpg. Let's just say I drive a faster, better looking, and significantly better looking and practical prius! Acon works, but it doesn't love the heat. Sunroof is awesome. Stock stereo is actually great, an aftermarket cd deck would make it excellent.

Zippy fast car. Even driving hard it gets a solid 30 mpg. My friends can't believe how good it looks for a 17 year old car.

Cup holders poor. Can i get this motor in every new honda, the VTEC!

Absolutel "bulletproof"
By Richy from Nisky

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my 1993 Accord LX wagon used in 1996 with 40,000 miles on the odometer. Now, 14 years later it is still running strong with 321,000 miles on it. Other than the usual rust over the rear wheel wells, my only other problem has been a leaking rear main seal, which leaks about a quart every 2500 miles. I run four snow tires on it during the winter and it has never gotten stuck. Alas, when I found out that Honda was not re-introducing the Accord wagon (they gave us the Crosstour instead), I opted to buy a CR- V as a replacement vehicle. This wagon has been absolutely bulletproof, and I hate to get rid of it. Best car I have ever owned.

Reliability, acceleration, versatility, drivability, great AC unit.

Honda, please bring back the Accord wagon! Every other car manufacturer has a mid-sized wagon except Honda.