Original Owner - 1st car & best car ever
By Sunshine on
1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan
My 92 Honda Accord is the most dependable vehicle I know. I still own my first and only vehicle. The engine still runs great! Change the oil every 3K/3 months. Stay up on routine maintenance. Change timing belt/water pump at 90K. Keep an eye on CV boots to avoid CV joint replacement. I have 240K miles on my car. Back in 1997, I drove it back and forth from Maryland to Florida numerous times. I've place high octane gas in my vehicle. My certified Honda mechanic tells me my car runs great, because I took care of it. Rust is an issue in these models, especially on the rear quarter panels. Take care of chipped paint ASAP. Wash & wax car to protect coat. My interior still looks great. No tears.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are: 4-cylinder engine that runs great, life-time muffler after initial replacement, gas mileage, air conditioner/heat, trunk space, and fold down seats.
Suggested Improvements
Improvements to the body molding and coating to deter rust. This model Honda dings easily. I can't really complain though; my Accord is a great dependable car. After doing a lot of research, I'm glad I selected this car 18 years ago.