Excellent Car (EX Sedan Automatic)
By creek2013 on
1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan
I don't think I can say much negative about this car - I'd say it has everything a driver needs plus more. I've been driving it for a little bit more than 3 years now - it is my first car. It's reliable, sporty, comfortable, and I think it looks awesome (no mods)! I happened to come across one that looked like new, and it rocks! Only minor problems so far I'd say - like hoses leaking, otherwise, great car. I think I just hit the 180000 mile mark - I think it has yet to hit it's break-in point...may drive this car for years to come!
Favorite Features
1. Sporty - especially on the highway 2. Reliable 3. Looks cool 4. Comfortable 5. High-quality interior 6. I'm tall (about 6'1''), and I can get in and out easily; nor do I feel squashed when in the driver's seat (The seat can actually go back even further than where I normally have it!) - so good for tall people like me.
Suggested Improvements
Oil filter placement (not really a big deal to me, but changing the filter in it's current placement can be a little tricky).
By creek2013
on 08/17/13 12:04 PM (PDT)

Sorry, forgot to mention the decent gas mileage (I'd guess the "average" is somewhere between 21-25 MPG - I suppose I'd label myself as one of the "harder" drivers). I also like how the car has horn "buttons" on the steering wheel instead of having to apply pressure on the center of the steering wheel in order to activate the horn like in other cars - makes the horn easier to use in my opinion. Other features I didn't mention are the power antennae which I think is awesome, the moonroof/sunroof (doesn't leak, and it slides INTO the car instead of OVER it), and the rear speakers which can pack a punch (my car came with a Pioneer sound system - the driver side speaker doesn't work, but it still sounds awesome overall).

By creek2013
on 09/23/13 21:07 PM (PDT)

Also left out cruise control/ETC (controlling cruise control speed via buttons on the steering wheel) - which I think I've only used a couple of times - but it seems to work well.

By creek2013
on 09/23/13 21:29 PM (PDT)

*Just a note on my last post; not sure if the cruise control controls would be referred to as "ETC" (not a car expert), but what I'm referring to are the cruise control functions that allow you to accelerate and decelerate during cruise control, which seem to work well.