1992 Honda Accord 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Accord LX

1992 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

Accord LX
By butterfly on

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this Accord since it had 28480 miles on it. It has now 203,700 miles. It has had master cylinder replaced, radiator, power window electronics, and main relay. It currently needs paint it looks terrible!!! It has a small power steering leak and it must have an oil pan gasket leak as it is always wet when I change the oil. Honda so called fixed the PS leak but it reoccured 1 year later and they refused to repair under warranty. That dealership has had a lot of problems over the years. A lot of personnel changes. Honda refuses to acknowledge its defects and I'm skeptical about buying another Honda. I'm not thrilled with the other offerings out there either. Its been a good car overall.

Favorite Features

Armrest, controls to open and close each vent, great AC and heater. Nice interior and ergo setup of controls, cruise control, trunk space good and setbacks let down. fuel economy ave. is 28 mpg in mixed driving. Underpowered for todays driving but is sufficient if not in heavy high speed traffic oft

Suggested Improvements

Honda made some improvments but I'm leery because of the very bad reputation they have made for themselves and this is widespread and universal. I haven't read anything about how good someone was treated when they had brought their Honda in to have a defect fixed by a Honda dealer. My ears are open!