Used 1992 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Wouldn't Let it GO!
By Paul Hubert

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

The dealer service reps say the 1992 model Accord is "built like a tank". Ours has less than109k miles and uses NO oil!
Visibility is great. Road holding is great. The engine's eagerness is also great. We've just spent $12,800 for body work and complete paint thanks to an 'other driver at fault' minor hit on the rear quarter panel while in a stalled traffic lane. Throwing away a car otherwise in perfect condition would have been senseless and it provided an opportunity to fix every little ding and refresh the paint to factory new!
We both think it is SUPERIOR to all the new cars on the road, including Honda Accords after 1993.

I never get good gas mileage out of a car. I drive 'enthusiastically'. I LOVE driving.

Maintained for 24 years at the same dealership. When my wife bought it she said it was her last car! Hoping for 24 years more!

"Value" doesn't address this car's value to us, expressed clearly in our willingness to spend nearly 13 thousand to keep it in the family!

The Immortal Honda Acccord
By Michael L. Orth

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have never owned a Honda before, so when I had a chance to obtain one through a trade I was intrigued. It was a 1992 Honda Accord LX 4-door, with a 4 cyl. engine, 5 speed trans, with 372,000 miles on it. Now with that being said it was not in mint condition. Wisconsin weather, snow and salt, is not kind to any vehicle. It now has 400,000 miles on it. I have owned it for 2 years now and it has NEVER failed me. NEVER. I am still getting between 30-35 mpg. It just wont quit. The interior is still comfortable and is in good condition. No cracks on the dash. I would not hesitate to buy another one if this one ever quits. This is a great car and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

168,000 miles and more to come
By Ashlynne Danbury

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1992 Honda Accord with 123,000 miles in February of 2012. It now has 168,000 miles and keeps on chugging. Surprisingly comfortable ride, easy visibility in front and back, peppy 4 cylinder motor, and decent gas mileage for its age.

With a car of this age, it's difficult to tell if problems are due to design flaws or previous owners. The dash light knob is touchy and you have to turn it just right to get the lights to stay on, a minor inconvenience. One of the rear seatbelts doesn't work, as if it's stuck all the way out. The trunk leaks when it rains. I've had the front driver's side floor board leak very occasionally, when it rains just right. A/C has never worked, although I had the retro fit kit put on it. Heater works good, car handles well in the snow, although even minor puddles cause a belt to squeal for a few seconds.

I commute on a two lane, curvy road and the car handles beautifully. It has surprising get up and go for a 4 cylinder and I never worry about being able to pass slow cars. All the power windows work, as do the locks. Dash is in perfect shape. Clock works, all gauges work.

No major repairs, did have to replace the main relay under the dash, inexpensive fix that was causing the car to not start again in hot weather shortly after being turned off. With regular maintenance, I expect this car to go another 100,000 miles.

All in all, with diligent previous owner(s) who kept up maintenance and repairs, I would highly recommend this car.

Excellent Car (EX Sedan Automatic)
By creek2013

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I don't think I can say much negative about this car - I'd say it has everything a driver needs plus more. I've been driving it for a little bit more than 3 years now - it is my first car. It's reliable, sporty, comfortable, and I think it looks awesome (no mods)! I happened to come across one that looked like new, and it rocks! Only minor problems so far I'd say - like hoses leaking, otherwise, great car. I think I just hit the 180000 mile mark - I think it has yet to hit it's break-in point...may drive this car for years to come!

1. Sporty - especially on the highway 2. Reliable 3. Looks cool 4. Comfortable 5. High-quality interior 6. I'm tall (about 6'1''), and I can get in and out easily; nor do I feel squashed when in the driver's seat (The seat can actually go back even further than where I normally have it!) - so good for tall people like me.

Oil filter placement (not really a big deal to me, but changing the filter in it's current placement can be a little tricky).

240K Miles and Going To Donate Soon
By jmm11

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I drive my wife's 1992 Honda Accord and it's been a great car. The things that strike others when the ride in it is how comfortable the ride is for compared to other mid size to small sedans.

The current issues I have include: Rotors, Wheel Bearings, Tie Rods..Oil Leaks Rust..Interior rips in seats..Windshield Washer Fluid Dispenser..Pretty costly repairs that aren't worth it anymore..Donation Time!

I also hate the timing belt...When considering these cars know that every 90K miles you have to get front of the engine removed to replace the timing belt. I think we've replaced it twice and it's coming up on a third time...$$$

Original Engine, Transmission and A/C Compressor.....Amazing!

Comfortable Ride and A/C Still Works...

No Timing Belt in the engine