1992 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

1992 Accord Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Excellent Car (EX Sedan Automatic)
By creek2013

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I don't think I can say much negative about this car - I'd say it has everything a driver needs plus more. I've been driving it for a little bit more than 3 years now - it is my first car. It's reliable, sporty, comfortable, and I think it looks awesome (no mods)! I happened to come across one that looked like new, and it rocks! Only minor problems so far I'd say - like hoses leaking, otherwise, great car. I think I just hit the 180000 mile mark - I think it has yet to hit it's break-in point...may drive this car for years to come!

Favorite Features

1. Sporty - especially on the highway 2. Reliable 3. Looks cool 4. Comfortable 5. High-quality interior 6. I'm tall (about 6'1''), and I can get in and out easily; nor do I feel squashed when in the driver's seat (The seat can actually go back even further than where I normally have it!) - so good for tall people like me.

Suggested Improvements

Oil filter placement (not really a big deal to me, but changing the filter in it's current placement can be a little tricky).

240K Miles and Going To Donate Soon
By jmm11

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I drive my wife's 1992 Honda Accord and it's been a great car. The things that strike others when the ride in it is how comfortable the ride is for compared to other mid size to small sedans. The current issues I have include: Rotors, Wheel Bearings, Tie Rods..Oil Leaks Rust..Interior rips in seats..Windshield Washer Fluid Dispenser..Pretty costly repairs that aren't worth it anymore..Donation Time! I also hate the timing belt...When considering these cars know that every 90K miles you have to get front of the engine removed to replace the timing belt. I think we've replaced it twice and it's coming up on a third time...$$$ Original Engine, Transmission and A/C Compressor.....Amazing!

Favorite Features

Comfortable Ride and A/C Still Works...

Suggested Improvements

No Timing Belt in the engine

Better than my 99 EX-L??
By thafh

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This has got to be the best honda I've owned!! I owned a 99 EX-L in the early 2000s. It was a 5 speed too, but it had more room and leather/wood trim. This one is 7 years older, yet has everything that car has except the leather/wood! I only paid $1500 for this car in September of 2010. I paid $15,000 for my 99 in 2001. Even though it isn't a vtec either, there was only an 8hp difference from the 99. I'm still stumped on which one is better!! lol. My 92 has 258k on it, and the 99 had 191k on it when i sold it in 06... I've owned 5 accords in my life (3 91s, 92, 99) but the 92 and 99 ex's stand out! When I finish school, I plan on an 06-07 V6 sedan 6spd!

Favorite Features

Manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

auto trans; ac compressor

GREAT CAR
By megsiep52

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord with 219k miles on it a few months ago and it now has 236k miles on it. had to bleed the clutch, but it runs great. Leaks a little oil, but it's 18 years old and the leak is minimal at best. I love driving this car and even though I have a 1999 dodge minivan, I'd rather drive my accord and I trust the honda much more than the newer van. Great purchase! still retains more value than models 10 years newer! Love my car!!!k miles on it just a few months ago. Had to bleed the clutch, but since then, regular ROUTINE maintenence and it runs awesome. I've

Favorite Features

I love that it's a manual, more control, especially in winter driving conditions. Cruise control works better than most other vehicles I've driven. Great acceleration and speed maintenence. all around good car.

Suggested Improvements

Galvanized paint like used on volvos would be best for maintaining the paint job with minimal work.

I'll drive it till the wheels fall off
By Rene

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My step dad purchased this car brand new for 16k. He maintained it well with oil changes every 3k miles and not driving it hard. I wasn't exactly thrilled that this was going to be my first car and didn't expect it to last long as it already had 280k miles when I started driving it. That was 3 years ago. It now has 335k miles on it and I absolutely love this car. I will cry when it no longer runs. It is a manual and I've gotten a little over 500 miles out of one tank before. I think I average about 30-40mpg. I'm now doing research and test driving other cars for that sad day when I actually have to buy one. These are very well made and those who have problems obviously didn't take care of it

Favorite Features

Power windows, excellent visibility, great gas mileage, sun roof, always starts right up, comfortable on long trips, lots of room and trunk space, great acceleration, peppy, decent speakers, I'm 5'5 and my step dads 6'2, we both drive it comfortably. Overall awesome car.

Suggested Improvements

There are none, only that Honda needs to remake this car so I can buy another one!

A long line of owners
By Amanda

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my brother; My brother bought it from my Mom. My mom bought it from a close friend. Because I'm 20, I don't know who originally bought it, but I have fond memories of riding to my first day of my new school (between elementary and middle), Camp Fire meetings and long car trips. I hope to have many more by driving. The car now has 200,000+ miles and is running as strong as can be expected for an 18 year old car.

Favorite Features

I'm 4 ft 11in and yet I can see fairly well over the dash board and the seat belt doesn't strangle me. It's small but not so small I can't take a heavy or tall friend to work.

Suggested Improvements

I have a bit trouble seeing the curbs and because it's so low to the ground I often get stuck or hit the bottom.

Original Owner - 1st car & best car ever
By Sunshine

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My 92 Honda Accord is the most dependable vehicle I know. I still own my first and only vehicle. The engine still runs great! Change the oil every 3K/3 months. Stay up on routine maintenance. Change timing belt/water pump at 90K. Keep an eye on CV boots to avoid CV joint replacement. I have 240K miles on my car. Back in 1997, I drove it back and forth from Maryland to Florida numerous times. I've place high octane gas in my vehicle. My certified Honda mechanic tells me my car runs great, because I took care of it. Rust is an issue in these models, especially on the rear quarter panels. Take care of chipped paint ASAP. Wash & wax car to protect coat. My interior still looks great. No tears.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are: 4-cylinder engine that runs great, life-time muffler after initial replacement, gas mileage, air conditioner/heat, trunk space, and fold down seats.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements to the body molding and coating to deter rust. This model Honda dings easily. I can't really complain though; my Accord is a great dependable car. After doing a lot of research, I'm glad I selected this car 18 years ago.

My FIRST car!
By Sarahbeth

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I'm eighteen years old and previously had gotten married and we had been attending college and never expected to get the amount back from school as we did. I had been looking for some wheels to get us to point a to point b. When i stumbled across a 1992 Honda Accord for $850! I took the car for a spin and it was at that very moment i fell in love. I've had it and it takes me everywhere. I already know I'm going to stick with my baby Honda for years on end.

Favorite Features

Interior, Gas mileage,

Suggested Improvements

NONE!! i wouldn't have it ANY other way :]]

Excellent Car
By HondaLover3

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Loved the Car bought at 100,000 miles and drove it for a couple years with no problems, just reg maint. Oil change tune up etc, sold it when I hit 210,000 miles for a newer sport accord. Car driving like brand new when I sold it.

Favorite Features

Loved the car as a whole

Suggested Improvements

Great the way it was

Good Car
By redone

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car, got it in 1997 for my sixteenth birthday. It had around 40000 miles. Now thirteen years later and with 265000 it's still running strong. I've maintained it pretty well. Any car though as time passes has to have things replaced. Have put in a few radiators, window motors, stereo system, one clutch and clutch system, oil sending pump, etc... The clearcoat has peeled off on the roof and in a few other areas. Going to repaint it soon. No rust though in Alabama. I did buy a weekend sports car, an s2000. I commute to work in the accord and look forward to it everyday. Sometimes I think about upgrading to a new one but I grew up in this car and can't bear to see it go.

Favorite Features

manual transmission, interior quality, gas mileage, handling. Simple and efficient

Suggested Improvements

Wish I could find the leak in my trunk, that's about it